Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been chatting with a few Arsenal fans at work.

Apparently Emery lost the dressing room there.

Think it tells more about the players and how toxic it must have been rather than Emery.

Arteta with 2 consecutive 8th place finishes was afforded time to get rid of all the toxic players. Emery was never given that time or resources.

• Like 3

So if I am Jim Ratcliffe I offer the man 2X what he is making to come to United.

Now, I don't know if he'd go there given the level of control he has at Villa, but if he were offered something similar there would he be tempted???

My gut is not - he's not that kind of guy. But money talks...

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983

3 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

So if I am Jim Ratcliffe I offer the man 2X what he is making to come to United.

Now, I don't know if he'd go there given the level of control he has at Villa, but if he were offered something similar there would he be tempted???

My gut is not - he's not that kind of guy. But money talks...

No chance, Utd is far too toxic behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I'm confident he wouldnt got to Real or Barca. or any non-PL team.

I am less so about him getting tapped up in the PL.

Well, he turned Newcastle down with all their backing and the guff behind it and chose us instead. I think he has far more integrity than people give him credit for at times. I think Nas sold him a dream and he's heavily invested in seeing that dream become reality. Said in his post match interview(one of them) that he wanted to win the CL. He's not going anywhere.

This thread is worse than reading the click bait article online. Emery is going to **** off to Madrid or Barcelona ...Emery won't turn down man Utd if they come calling... Emery will take the Spain job if offered. 🙄

Emery is all about the challenge. As long as the relationship between him and the club is good and they continue to provide him with the resources he needs to compete at a high level, then he will remain here for a few years at least. If we hit a ceiling and fall short of competing for the Champions league and league titles then that is when he will go. Whilst we are on the up he is loving it.

• Like 1

Â