Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Dyche comes across similar to Smith in terms of his attitude towards players and his mental stability. Which is good because it means you're less likely to buckle on ideals or panic after a bad result or run of games.

Dyche has said many times he set up to get the best players he could under the budgetary restrictions at the club and the best results from the resulting squad. He also placed huge emphasis on good characters, good people. I think he's a man that would get the form of their lifetimes out of the likes of Ings, McGinn and Mings 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I’m very much not in the know. Just somewhat amused and a little disturbed thinking people think we can land pochettino and tuchel. Oh but it’s ok , Villa want europe - no scratch that, they talk about europe. , talk about it a lot . 

Exactly Tuchel & pochetitino is not interested 

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I believe this is nothing to base an opinion on. You can have good managers in weaker leagues, if you do due diligence on their football brain, tactical knowledge, personality, character, man management skills, you can unearth a gem. We obviously didn't look too deeply into all this with Gerrard. We hired him on his name and his arguably good rep in the Scottish league, which btw is MUCH weaker than the Primeira Liga.

I dont understand your point exactly,  are you in favour of Ruben Amorim ?  Just about everyone has been screaming for weeks now that SG must go, and the overwhelming shout has been that we need a manager with experience, Ruben Amorim has managed in a league that is way below the standard of the premier league, and only for 3 years. You can't do due diligence on someone with such little experience, it would be a gamble, we are too big a club to have to rely on taking these kind of gambles to find a manager.

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If Sean Dyche was that good why didnt Chelsea hire him?! 

Chelsea are better than Villa, hate to break it to you. 

Villa (currently 17th) wouldn’t be able to get an in form manager out of another PL side.

Completely different set of circumstances.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Just because you pull for a bloke from Portugal who in all likelihood you never heard of until Friday morning - no need to piss on folk who rate Dyche. Some think he’s a good manager. You don’t. That’s fine 😊

You've done me there. You are 100% right. I like to apologise to Sean Dyche and his family.

I think if it's someone like Dyche people may have to start accepting villa are not the attractive proposition a lot of fans think.

Years of mismanagement, relegation, poor decisions, lack of leadership and structure may be coming home to roost.

We all love 1982, and should be proud. But it's not relevant in 2022 to a manager being asked to take the club on as manager is it. We are where we are for a reason. And it's all villa's fault 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Chelsea are better than Villa, hate to break it to you. 

Villa (currently 17th) wouldn’t be able to get an in form manager out of another PL side.

Completely different set of circumstances.

Because Chelsea didn't see him good enough for Chelsea Job 

7 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I think if it's someone like Dyche people may have to start accepting villa are not the attractive proposition a lot of fans think.

Years of mismanagement, relegation, poor decisions, lack of leadership and structure may be coming home to roost.

We all love 1982, and should be proud. But it's not relevant in 2022 to a manager being asked to take the club on as manager is it. We are where we are for a reason. And it's all villa's fault 

Not saying Dyche is bad but we are trying to get a 50,000-55000 stadium

Hiring Gerrard and his hype can see why we tried to upgrade but not sure if will be as popular with Dyche

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I’m very much not in the know. Just somewhat amused and a little disturbed thinking people think we can land pochettino and tuchel. Oh but it’s ok , Villa want europe - no scratch that, they talk about europe. , talk about it a lot . 

Yes Villa do want Europe as stated by Aston Villa’s Christian Purslow. 

• Like 2

Y’all peeps need to check a chill pill if you think Dyche seriously is in the running…. You don’t look to drop a billion $ on a MLS team and appoint Dyche. It’s less likely than Poch!

Amorim or Emery and I wouldn’t discount Poch if they can get in a room with him. And I’d add Bo Svensson. 

• Like 2

If they’ve (Purslow/Lange/owners) already had a meeting with Pochettino for him to say no during or after that meeting that means to get to that stage there would have been positive vibes coming from the Poch camp via the initial contact through the intermediaries. 

Obviously it depends if there’s been any meetings in person.

• Like 2

Sean Dyche did an excellent job at Burnley, their squad was consistently dire yet he kept them in the league for a huge amount of time all things considered and even managed some impressive league positions. Chronic underinvestment always catches up eventually though as does the evolution of the game.

I'd want him absolutely no-where near Villa though he isn't a manager you sign to progress. He's someone you hire when you have one of the lower budgets and player quality to yourself a punchers chance through hard graft, surprised Wolves didn't pick him up I can see it if they continue circling the drain.

• Like 1

Dyche getting a lot of stick for some reason. I think he did a great job at Burnley. Didn't he get them into Europe one season as well?

Is he my first choice? No. But I think his past achievements deserve respect and a chance at a mid to bottom half premier league club.

One thing for certain, we won't get relegated with him, Amorim could be another Gerrard / Garde. Risky appointment like that could see us relegated again. Would be nice to have an exotic up and coming foreign coach, but right now I'd prefer the safer option. Can't afford to get relegated again. 

If we can't get Poch or Emery then I'd happily settle for Dyche. 

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 4