Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

17 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

HaHaHa the obsession continues. 

You're one of my favourite posters but since you've started being a combative poster you've lost your authenticity. I liked your regular comments on all things Villa but I do not enjoy this new confrontational you.

I guess this applies to many of the posters that I looked forward to seeing share their views,.

We're mates guys, we support the same team. Passion is good, falling out is rubbish. This comes from a fan who has literally seen it all before .... the good,  the bad and the ugly.  We're better than this. Let's accept that we all have contrasting views and stay together as a Villa Talk cohort. UTV.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

SG is 'only' on about 6m/7m a year according to reports. I think we would need to be doubling that to get Poch.

Poch is worth x10 whatever Gerrard gets. If we can get him on x2 what Gerrard gets, it’s an absolute steal.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I think there’s a chance that Poch would love to come to Villa. If he’s promised a massive salary plus funds to develop the squad, he might just fancy the challenge. He’s managed Southampton and Spurs, so it’s not like he’s a Pep who has only managed elite clubs.

I don't see Poch as the type who turns his nose up at working or developing with young players either.

Based on his career before PSG, he appears to be one who likes a blend and a " build ".

Obviously at this stage of his career he would want a higher level project though.

I basically mean he's not a Conte etc who basically want all ready made and expensive players for immediate success.

I think he fits the mold for both ambition and structure.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Not really, but who knows. If our owners are as ambitious as we think, it wouldn't hurt to approach. Stranger things have happened. Basket case Everton somehow managed to attract one of the greatest managers of all time.

I also think we should go for the best if/when the time arrives. it would do no harm to approach Zidane.

I genuinely dont think Tuchel will work in the premier league again any time soon. Lots of owners will have put him in the "problem" category given how much he gobs off to the press criticizing his own club/players.

Winning the Champions League with Chelsea is no guarantee of future employment, go ask Roberto Di Matteo.

But I would have no issue if we did get him, personally I think Tuchel is an annoying ass but none of that matters if he wins games.

10 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

You're one of my favourite posters but since you've started being a combative poster you've lost your authenticity. I liked your regular comments on all things Villa but I do not enjoy this new confrontational you.

I guess this applies to many of the posters that I looked forward to seeing share their views,.

We're mates guys, we support the same team. Passion is good, falling out is rubbish. This comes from a fan who has literally seen it all before .... the good,  the bad and the ugly.  We're better than this. Let's accept that we all have contrasting views and stay together as a Villa Talk cohort. UTV.

Thanks and I will take the feedback onboard 🙂. I agree we all want the best for Villa and we have different opinions. If we didn't have different opinions this place would be very very boring. The thing that annoys me most on here is when posters make up shyte to support their opinion. The constant snide remarks and and constant twisting of a comment to suit the narrative. I also don't like the ridiculous comments about NSWE and Purslow which are clearly just made to again support a narrative. 

Yes, I want SG to have more time. Is he on thin ice? yes! has he improved us since he replaced Deano? No! Should he be sacked if he can't show improvement in the next 6 games or so? Yes. That is just my opinion and I have no problem with people wanting him sacked now, there is merit to that argument. I just like when the debate is honest and not personal. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, thunderball said:

A win on Saturday might prolong the slow death.

I hope the clubs philosophy of continual development and improvement in all areas extends to the managerial position.

Do you want us to lose on Saturday @thunderball if it means Gerrard going and Poch coming in?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Thanks and I will take the feedback onboard 🙂. I agree we all want the best for Villa and we have different opinions. If we didn't have different opinions this place would be very very boring. The thing that annoys me most on here is when posters make up shyte to support their opinion. The constant snide remarks and and constant twisting of a comment to suit the narrative. I also don't like the ridiculous comments about NSWE and Purslow which are clearly just made to again support a narrative. 

Yes, I want SG to have more time. Is he on thin ice? yes! has he improved us since he replaced Deano? No! Should he be sacked if he can't show improvement in the next 6 games or so? Yes. That is just my opinion and I have no problem with people wanting him sacked now, there is merit to that argument. I just like when the debate is honest and not personal. 

PG, I feel your frustration and I also feel your ambition for Villa. You and I are singing from the same hymn sheet. 🙌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Why 6 games in particular? Is that when the WC break is? Genuine question.

This also is at odds with what you've been repeating in that he needs to be stuck with in the long term given that he's a rookie. Unless of course you think the cutoff point to know whether or not he's cut out for it is in 6 games, then that would make sense.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't see Poch as the type who turns his nose up at working or developing with young players either.

Based on his career before PSG, he appears to be one who likes a blend and a " build ".

Obviously at this stage of his career he would want a higher level project though.

I basically mean he's not a Conte etc who basically want all ready made and expensive players for immediate success.

I think he fits the mold for both ambition and structure.

spacer.png