January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, course mate. Two really experienced businessmen who've been ploughing money into the club are now just going to completely stop because we've hit the lofty heights of 10th place. I guess that's why Emery joined yeh? Because he was promised Alex Moreno and his objective was to finish 10th for the next few years? 
Just remind me, which regular starters have we sold again in this window?

Man, you lot. The money is there (as you full well know) and we'll spend it when the club sees fit. No more squad fillers. We'll spend on quality additions and get rid of the deadwood.

Stop posting for a reaction.  

Ok… so, where are the new players? What’s the reason if we do not bring anyone in? We decided not to because we are Aston Villa and we sign players when we want? 

59 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Okay, Carlos is maybe another one.  But can't think of many more.  It's made out that all our transfer are done with the utmost secrecy, when it's only really a few.

I remember reading we were interested in Duran during the World Cup, so either November or December.

Bailey wasn't linked until a few days before he signed I think. Ings was out of the blue. I think there are a few like that

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Ok… so, where are the new players? What’s the reason if we do not bring anyone in? We decided not to because we are Aston Villa and we sign players when we want? 

Maybe the players we want don’t want to come here? And we’re not going to sign players who aren’t better than the players we currently have? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So you're saying if we don't spend any money before Tuesday night we're broke, yeh?

They have the money in the bank. Just don't wanna spend for some reason. I'm noit sure why. FFP? Recession? who knows. 
Emery is desperate to improve the team

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe the players we want don’t want to come here? And we’re not going to sign players who aren’t better than the players we currently have? 

Maybe. It not that hard to find better players than we currently have tho 🤣

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

They have the money in the bank. Just don't wanna spend for some reason. I'm noit sure why. FFP? Recession? who knows. 
Emery is desperate to improve the team

You know that isn't true buddy. But I've taken the bait again - fair play lol. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Folski said:

I don't understand why Coutinho doesn't go to Saudi or Qatar or MLS.

Quite a lot of players, like the Villa, once they get here.....quite a lot stay in the area, once they retire......Talking BMH and surrounding area of course.

I would think the wives ( Of the South American Boys) who have a huge say, in life matters, have made friends with each other too...not to mention the heavily Spanish/Portuguese speaking squad and backroom.

I don't particulalry want him to go, I feel we can keep at least one mercurial talent in the squad.....just not many more than one.

Phil can change a game, not of late granted.....But I feel we can accomodate, one like him....due to his exceptional talent when on form.

I feel we are going through a bit of a renaissance, where we are establishing ourselves again, The hard to play against tag, is starting to feel bonafide.

When we are a bit more established like Newcastle, and teams back off us a bit, players like Phil can prosper, like Almiron has.

Talent like his, is hard to buy.......We couldn't in normal circumstances, buy a Phil Coutinho.....I wouldn't be too quick, to dispose of him....He is still a game changer as he illustrated at the Etihad....we just need to work on his application.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe… but why do players want to go to Leeds/Brighton? They aren’t buying players to become crap, are they? 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

You know that isn't true buddy. But I've taken the bait again - fair play lol. 

Its true until they prove me otherwise. Maybe our targets dont wanna come. I do like we are shipping the players who have no future off.
If we don't sign anyone or just 1 this Jan you have to agree we all expect and deserve a big summer? 

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Maybe they don't want to come here, or are asking for too much?

So we have a list of targets and none of them want to come? Isn’t the chances of that being the same in summer? What changes being devils advocate.  I’m assuming our list isn’t two or three people but many more.

Edited by nick76

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Its true until they prove me otherwise. Maybe our targets dont wanna come. I do like we are shipping the players who have no future off.
If we don't sign anyone or just 1 this Jan you have to agree we all expect and deserve a big summer? 

We don't deserve anything nor should we expect it. 
If we don't spend this Jan, I suspect we'll go big in the Summer though, yes. 

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Maybe they don't want to come here, or are asking for too much?

Isn't that Football? Good players that are performing well for their sides are always gonna demand a high fee. 
If we wanna improve on the players we've got we just gonna have to pay up. If Emery wants them that is. 

24 minutes ago, messi11 said:

We will soon find out by Tuesday night if we do or we don't. Smashing our £38 Million transfer  record shouldn't be a problem in 2023.

Leeds just bought Georginio Rutter for 35.5 million
Newcastle buying Gordan for 45Million

Arsenal bid £60 Mil for Caicedo

Over to you Villa

I think, that when Man U are valued at 7 bill and Chelsea at 4 bill.......Aston Villa bought for 57 million......it should leave a lot of latitude to Billionaire owners....I know its not quite as simple as simple as that, but thats the rudiments of it.

not much risk, it seems to me.

Ramsey....McGinn....Kamara.....Luiz......have cost us less the 20 mill in transfers....not bad eh!!!

but we can't keep shopping at Aldi.....and expect to dine at the Ritz.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Need to focus on improving Ings, Sanson, Nakamba, A winger (Short) before we improve on the rest on the 11

I agree, but Ings has gone, and Sanson out on loan.

one half of the full backs has been done....and we are still WIP.