January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Mings is pretty much already replaced (waiting on Diego) my presumption anyway , of course he will still be involved quite heavily but just not the first name, cash wont get replaced probably, mcginn was replaced but seemed to find his way back in so that only leaves buendia, watkins and bailey so not a difficult task, and as i said SHOULD not will be replaced

I think they will get replaced but over soemthing more like a 3 year period

My personal opinion would also be that mings stays but drops down the pecking order, he'll be invaluable in helping some of the young CBs at the club, at least 1 of whom will break through and eventually replace him

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But our top scorer doesn't start. Should we sell Watkins instead then?

You're right let's sell all players who aren't in the starting XI.

Don't know why you can't accept that selling Ings isn't a priority?  Emery himself said he's happy with Ings and he is going nowhere unless we get a ridiculous bid.

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think they will get replaced but over soemthing more like a 3 year period

My personal opinion would also be that mings stays but drops down the pecking order, he'll be invaluable in helping some of the young CBs at the club, at least 1 of whom will break through and eventually replace him

Yeah im in the view that the majority are able to become players we can bring off the bench , however we do need to recoup so some will of course need to be sold. Yes Mings can offer great leadership and experience to the team 

I can however assure you it would be much less than three years for this transition and those same players unless they really step it up out of nowhere will not be starting for us by the start of the 24/25 season so in 18 months essentially 

Edited by RicRic

20 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Article says Moreno is close and one of Digne or Augustinsson will be made available if we sign him.

Also Bednarek future unclear.

Says we want 3 signings total.

Augustinsson is here on loan, so I guess we could just end his loan.

(Or keep him on loan and offload digne)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure why Ming's keeps getting mentioned as " needing " to be shifted.

Least of our priorities and one of our best players and characters imo

Yeah its basically carlos hasn’t been brought in to sit on the bench so ultimately it would be Mings being replaced and coming on from the bench, not the main priority i agree but it’s something that will need to happen in due course to progress, Konsa is certainly not a guaranteed starter either and will need to showcase this.

Our forward areas is the most critical area as of now, full back areas follow closely behind. 

58 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I like Bailey and want him to come good, but even at his best he's only providing fleeting moments of quality and can't be relied upon, yet he is due to being the only player of his profile in the squad. For me the priority is a a player in a similar mould that has pace and can actually take players on 1 vs 1 because there simply isn't enough of that threat on Villa's books compared to some other sides in the league and it's a game changer once you have it. Whether any of them come to fruition or not it's why I don't think it's a coincidence we've seen links to the likes of Deulofeu, Sarr etc.

Moussa Diaby 🇫🇷 🤫

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok. So you think we can keep Ings and Watkins, on a combined weekly salary of £200k+ and bring in another striker that’s better than both (because we want to improve right?)?

Ings is a prime candidate to be sold. Getting older, huge wages, reserve striker. We as a club need to back ourselves to sell players that we know aren’t going to get us to where we want to be, and then bring in players that we think might. It’s down to the scouting department to work that out. 

Yeah i agree here, BUT we cannot sell him in this window it has to wait until the summer imo 

44 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok. So you think we can keep Ings and Watkins, on a combined weekly salary of £200k+ and bring in another striker that’s better than both (because we want to improve right?)?

Ings is a prime candidate to be sold. Getting older, huge wages, reserve striker. We as a club need to back ourselves to sell players that we know aren’t going to get us to where we want to be, and then bring in players that we think might. It’s down to the scouting department to work that out. 

Ings is a prime candidate to be kept, a back up striker that scores goals and happy coming off the bench. As back up, he’s a brilliant option to get where we want to get to. Selling him would be dumb!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, burchy said:

Not sure how I feel about a new LB, especially one who’s 29. Would much rather we were after someone in between 19-23 who could push Digne but also not jeopardise Chrisene (if the clubs plan is for him to be a full back). 

I would have thought one of Balde, Truffert, Gutierrez, Merlin and Merkez would have been a better fit personally. 

I trust the process though

I agree with you on this one, especially a 29 year old that I've never even heard of before its quite odd, yeah someone in that 21-25 age bracket for me would be more sensible if we scout well and hard enough, but i feel emery is going with experience here and sees this player as someone that is capable of doing everything Emery wants him to do which something Digne clearly was not able to demonstrate. Ive not seen the players you mention but i trust your judgement you seem to have a good sense of knowledge on here 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, let’s keep him. Let’s keep all of our players and see if we break into Europe. 

Selling a back up who’s essentially a goalscorer is dumb! You can joke about all the other players all you want but selling our back up striker whose comes on and scores goals is silly, it just is.  

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Selling a back up who’s essentially a goalscorer is dumb! You can joke about all the other players all you want but selling our back up striker whose comes on and scores goals is silly, it just is.  

So we should sell Watkins then?

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I agree with you on this one, especially a 29 year old that I've never even heard of before its quite odd, yeah someone in that 21-25 age bracket for me would be more sensible if we scout well and hard enough, but i feel emery is going with experience here and sees this player as someone that is capable of doing everything Emery wants him to do which something Digne clearly was not able to demonstrate. Ive not seen the players you mention but i trust your judgement you seem to have a good sense of knowledge on here 

Something tells me Digne is off if we get Moreno, or we are going to end up with a more expensive left sided Guilbert.

18 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeah its basically carlos hasn’t been brought in to sit on the bench so ultimately it would be Mings being replaced and coming on from the bench, not the main priority i agree but it’s something that will need to happen in due course to progress, Konsa is certainly not a guaranteed starter either and will need to showcase this.

Our forward areas is the most critical area as of now, full back areas follow closely behind. 

I'd sooner play Carlos over Konsa with Ming's.

Konsa too slow for alot of modern attackers. Carlos has pace and strength.

Ming's has more pace and strength than Konsa as well.

• Like 4