Ruined Football Shirts

imavillan

I follow ruined football shirts on twitter and i thought it would be good to have our own thread on this.

I'm conscious that not everyone is on twitter or any social media platform and there are some gems out there that are worth sharing.

So, when you are out and about, on hols or at a game and see something on a shirt, take a pic and post it in here for all to see.

I'll start off with a couple i sent to  @ruinedfootballshirts that were posted.

The Dad & Son one is a tweet from RFS but i've copied the picture due to language used in the original tweet.

Over to you fellow VTers

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I don't really see why any of those (apart from Hogan) are 'ruined'. 

Although any shirt with advertising 'sponsors' is ruined for me. 

any football shirt with anything other than a players name is ruined.

Football shirts are big business these days and highly collectable and some go for decent money.

I kind of get putting your own name on there but as soon as you put Rice Rice Baby or personalise it it's lost any worth.

48 minutes ago, imavillan said:

kind of get putting your own name on there but as soon as you put Rice Rice Baby or personalise it it's lost any worth.

But that's up to the owner. Presumably they don't buy it as an investment. 

Not something I'd do, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. 

• 1 month later...

There's a shop near me that sells footy shirts with random names on - presumably returns/ mistakes. My son got me a villa away for father's day with Dad 5 on it. My favourite is a man u shirt with 'poppet' 10 on the back, can't really ruin what's already shite.

There was a villa home one recently which I nearly got until I realised the sponsor was upside down and back to front. 

Â