Ewan Simpson

Villaphan04

Thought as we have a few other threads for players, he'd get one as well. 

Aston Villa is pleased to announce the signing of Ewan Simpson from Heart of Midlothian.

The midfielder has impressed with his performances for the Jambos and, while still just 15-years-old, was part of the Hearts side that reached the Scottish FA Youth Cup Final last season.

Simpson has also represented Scotland at youth international level.

Academy Manager Mark Harrison said: “We are delighted that Ewan is joining us, he is an intelligent midfielder who can manage and use the ball effectively. 

“He has a real thirst to improve, and we were very impressed with his mentality and his desire to join us. We look forward to seeing how he develops over the next few years.”

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/28/simpson-joins-villa-academy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

he's a midfielder isnt he?, i assume a central mid? (no.8 type?)

I read somewhere he was good on the ball etc, anyone have any insight to the type of player he is?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

he's a midfielder isnt he?, i assume a central mid? (no.8 type?)

I read somewhere he was good on the ball etc, anyone have any insight to the type of player he is?

Deep lying playmaker apparently.  Brilliant passer.  And turned 16 today so loads of time to mature 

• Thanks 1

On 28/07/2022 at 18:39, MWARLEY2 said:

And turned 16 today so loads of time to mature

Yeah that’s a solid two or three years before he’s written off on Villa Talk for not running the show on his PL debut.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

He's been scoring a few goals recently, also scored against Newcastle in the U18 Premier League Cup, and I think he got a couple in the 5-4 win against Everton in the U17 Premier League Cup.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 30/07/2022 at 00:17, Adam2003 said:

Yeah that’s a solid two or three years before he’s written off on Villa Talk for not running the show on his PL debut.

Read this and thought “that’s funny” then realised I was the one who had made the joke a year ago.

• Haha 2

On 04/08/2023 at 14:15, Adam2003 said:

Read this and thought “that’s funny” then realised I was the one who had made the joke a year ago.

laughing at your own jokes.....is the first sign.😀

• Haha 1

Â