2022 Grand National

ferguson1

Saturday 9th April is the big event, where some families of all generations have a go at picking the winner.

Yes, it’s a lottery in the main but we certainly have a few tipsters on here, with @Brumerican being one of them.

I’ve already taken an early price last week on Cloth Cap e/w, but would be interested to see what others suggest as being in with a chance or which long shots may gain a place?

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I’m all ears mate 👍

I won't even look until the night before.  It's hard not to like Delta Work for the GN after Cheltenham FWIW.     Blackmore on Minella is an obvious punt too.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Thanks 2

Aintree is a lot tougher than Cheltenham for landing big prices and there are not as many extra place races but I'll suggest a few that at least look good value for a place.

Thursday

1.45     Nothing noteworthy . One of the top 4 short priced horses should win.

2.20   Only paying 3 places . Pied Piper should duke it out with Brazil so one of these 3 could be interesting for that 3rd spot .Petit Tonnerre 9/1 King Salute 16/1 Fautinette 16/1

2.55 Paying 4 places  Royal Pagaille 13/2 (Especially if wet).   Nutswell 33/1  Bristol DeMai 25/1  Itchy Feet 80/1

3.30  Meh

4.05  Paying 6 places.    Cousin Pascal 10/1   Marrakudja 16/1 Another Venture 40/1 Complete Sizing 40/1   Activial 80/1  Golden Tobouggan 80/1

4.40 Paying 6 places.   The Last Day 10/1   Global Citizen 10/1   Thyme White 14/1    Zarkareva 18/1   Dancing On My Own 25/1  Bun Doran 22/1

5.15 Paying 4 places    Iliade Allen   11/1   Rock Of Dundee 20/1  Nells Bells 28/1  Magical Maggie 33/1

I suspect a lot of winners will  come from the shorter prices tomorrow but there's some decent E/W shouts above for low stake accas.

• Like 1

Global Citizen is a NR in the 4.40 so I'd swap that out for Thyme White 12/1  

It looks to be wet and windy which should help some of the bigger priced horses.  so here are some more to consider given the updated weather .

4.05   Myth Buster 14 /1  Reikers Island 33/1   Clondaw Westie 40/1

My 5p Super Heinz today 

1.45 War Lord 3/1

2.20 Fautinette 16/1

2.55  Royal Pagaille 7/1

3.30 Zanahiyr  2/1 

4.05 Porlock Bay 7/1

4.40 Gunsight Ridge 7/1

5.15  Iliade Allen 12/1

I'll also have some low stake doubles and trebles on the big priced stuff  and hope the weather creates mayhem.

The B365 offer is on. Max £125 cash refund total for e/w bets, i.e. they effectively cost you half of what you're placing. No funny business, this is a genuine offer they run every year and the money is refunded to your account instantly in most cases (they will take it back again if there is a NR for example - not sure how this works if you have already withdrawn).

Pretty easy to make some guaranteed profit, and since Betfair lays 4 places while B365 pays out on 5, that's how you can get a big winner for the 5th placed horse. So, who's it going to be??

For the National, as a warning to all I've splashed out on 50p EW on each of these:

Delta Work 
Any Second Now
Two For Gold
Snow Leopardess
Mount Ida

Most times I'm pretty useful at picking the three legged horses in any race.

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Never picked the winner in the National , not even in a sweepstake at work

I reckon if I put a bet on every horse then none would finish 

Any chance of having a bet on 39 horses for us today pal, all but Discorama, thanks in advance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2