Gran Turismo 7

hogso

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I spoke too soon

I can't get it to connect to the server, as a result its utterly pointless, I can do music rally and some pre set races on the world map, nothing else 

There's a YouTuber I watch who plays Gran Turismo and his last couple of videos have been of races he did over the last couple of weeks because he said the game was offline at the moment. Dunno if it's an issue or planned or what

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's a YouTuber I watch who plays Gran Turismo and his last couple of videos have been of races he did over the last couple of weeks because he said the game was offline at the moment. Dunno if it's an issue or planned or what

The game has had a lot of downtime recently. Not sure what the cause of the current downtime is, but just a few days ago the game was down for 30 hours because the patch to nerf event payouts had a serious undisclosed bug in it. 

What a complete mess they’ve made of this post launch. Embarrassing but a huge shame. You can’t defend the car prices to race reward credits ratio. It’s just pure scummy greed tactics. Of course you don’t need to buy using real money but it’ll take you a years to get some of the best cars you want let alone the majority. It’s nonsense. I’ll stick to the older games for now. If nothing changes with the money side and always online I’m not even sure I’ll ever play GT7. 

This isn’t a defence, as I’m not sure how it works on GT7

But on GT Sport it was a real grind to get cars for the first couple of weeks you played the game and then the floodgates kind of open and you end up with loads of cars. 

There were one or two that were like 20 million credits but they got away with that because it was only a couple of cars. 

Really disappointed if they’ve just gone down the money grabbing route

It appears a lot of the issues - specifically the reduction of prize money from races - have, or are in the process of, being rectified. I believe certain races will have their credit rewards by 100%, as well as a few other changes to address the upset in the last few weeks. 

Have they fixed me always getting the shittest roulette prize?! 

I've put a few hours in to it, it is like proper GT of old with then the cafe being a weird hand holding type thing rather than just letting you go off alone and be bombarded with options, can't work out if I like it or not 

As soon as a started the licenses the nostalgia flooded back

They gave me a 1m credit voucher to apologise for the downtime 

I think that actually pissed me off more than the downtime! Had a 2 hour session on it this afternoon and went from menu card 5 to 10, 1m credits at this stage of the game skews it massively and I don't want it

First impressions of this are that it’s GT Sport with a good single player. 
Which absolutely isn’t a bad thing, in theory. 

The gameplay, visuals, menus etc are basically identical to GT Sport. 

Ive only scratched the surface but it seems good so far. 

The noise coming out of Polyphony is good regarding fixing the issue about the in game economy. If they fix that then it should improve things a lot

• Like 1

Rolling starts are how GT has always been, which to be fair I'm seriously overpowered to compensate for it, would say the balance isn't quite there, I'm getting the PP to where it needs to be and then smashing races, the majority of mine are not close

Like I said the cafe mode seems to be a weird hand holding thing, whereas previous games (from memory) have just opened up everything and then rather than be locked there's been races and events you just couldn't realistically even bother with this is drip feeding you stuff, you win a lot more cars too and the cars you win point you in the right direction, for example as I've just turned it off I did a menu that resulted in me winning a porsche, next menu was go do a porsche event, that was never the case in old GT games, they had the porsche event always there but I had to grind in my subaru for a few hours to be able to afford a porsche, I'm not doing any grinding in this I'm finding it a bit easy if I'm honest, another example would be I need to own 3 types of Nissan or whatever, I just went and bought all 3 2nd hand and moved on to the next menu, didn't even race, I don't get that

Its probably a good job the roulette is so shite...

But that said I'm still piling the hours in and enjoying it, the licenses, missions and now I've found the learn the track thing are all great 

What would improve it would be the car winning, they've made a rod for their own back with the menus because it has to be achievable, go get a m3 as a challenge ends up being finish top 3 in a 2 lap race, what it should be is get all bronzes on mission number 3 or something like that, theyve also missed a trick with a prize car for bronze and a prize car for gold but not for silver, as a result for me personally I feel / know gold is unachievable so I'm getting bronze and moving on without even trying to do better, a prize for silver would not only incentivise to go back but then bridge the gap between bronze and gold and make me question just how unachievable gold actually is, they could / should also give prize cars away for the learn the track challenge thing 

So it sounds like online chasing credits is a huge grind whereas the single player stuff throws credits and cars your way and is too easy

At this rate I think I'll be done with it by the end of next month, maybe 30  hours in to it (I won't play online) 

• Like 1

I finished the Cafe mode and there is only one proper tournament where the heavy hitter cars are involved. I read elsewhere that they will add stuff later? There should be 10 track championships etc, anyone know?

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Rolling starts are how GT has always been, which to be fair I'm seriously overpowered to compensate for it, would say the balance isn't quite there, I'm getting the PP to where it needs to be and then smashing races, the majority of mine are not close

Like I said the cafe mode seems to be a weird hand holding thing, whereas previous games (from memory) have just opened up everything and then rather than be locked there's been races and events you just couldn't realistically even bother with this is drip feeding you stuff, you win a lot more cars too and the cars you win point you in the right direction, for example as I've just turned it off I did a menu that resulted in me winning a porsche, next menu was go do a porsche event, that was never the case in old GT games, they had the porsche event always there but I had to grind in my subaru for a few hours to be able to afford a porsche, I'm not doing any grinding in this I'm finding it a bit easy if I'm honest, another example would be I need to own 3 types of Nissan or whatever, I just went and bought all 3 2nd hand and moved on to the next menu, didn't even race, I don't get that

Its probably a good job the roulette is so shite...

But that said I'm still piling the hours in and enjoying it, the licenses, missions and now I've found the learn the track thing are all great 

What would improve it would be the car winning, they've made a rod for their own back with the menus because it has to be achievable, go get a m3 as a challenge ends up being finish top 3 in a 2 lap race, what it should be is get all bronzes on mission number 3 or something like that, theyve also missed a trick with a prize car for bronze and a prize car for gold but not for silver, as a result for me personally I feel / know gold is unachievable so I'm getting bronze and moving on without even trying to do better, a prize for silver would not only incentivise to go back but then bridge the gap between bronze and gold and make me question just how unachievable gold actually is, they could / should also give prize cars away for the learn the track challenge thing 

So it sounds like online chasing credits is a huge grind whereas the single player stuff throws credits and cars your way and is too easy

At this rate I think I'll be done with it by the end of next month, maybe 30  hours in to it (I won't play online) 

I'm doing the races to "win" cars to get around the fact that I have a million credits out of nowhere meaning I could just buy a load of cars.

All the credits are doing for me is taking away the grind of getting upgrades for cars. Which is fine by me as I dislike that part of racing games anyway.

All I'm really doing is waiting to open Sport Mode so I can race online. Which is a bit weird really as it seems exactly the same as GT Sport. GT Sport was fantastic, but I haven't played it in a long time so the urge to play basically the same game is a bit odd :D 

That being said I am insisting on getting gold on everything so far. I can't help it.

Aaaaanyway, if anyone wants to have some VT races once we all open up Sport Mode I'd be well up for that

Unlocked Sport Mode.

Single player really is an absolute piece of piss up until this point. All the races I've done so far may as well have had no opponents.

Jumped online and I'm so rusty! Ended up rage quitting haha!
Bit disappointed they carry over your driver ranking from GTSport. I was looking forward to starting from the bottom (ie actually having a chance to win some races!)

They released an update yesterday that goes some way to solving the economy problem in the game. Added a few events to the world circuit section with c500k payouts for a half hour ish race. Plus they've increased the payouts on some of the events that already existed.

They've also added payouts to the circuit experience sections which is probably the best way to get huge payouts now. All gold on the Nordschleiffe for example pays 5 million credits plus the 1 million you'd get for all bronze anyway. So 6m total.

If you do all of the circuit experiences for every track you'd pick up around 47 million credits

And if you've already done the circuit experience then you can still go into the event and collect your credits without having to do them again.

Plus they've raised the cap of how many credits you can hold at once from 20m to 100m

Shouldn't have had to correct it in the first place but at least they've addressed it fairly quickly.

Disappointing thing is they haven't increased (by much anyway) the rewards in sport mode. 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
Â