Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

18 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Never heard of him…. £18m and Fulham, doesn’t make me think he is what we need. 

Play for Portugal and Sporting, one of the best statistically DMs in Europe last season along with Kamara. Also linked with Wolves as Neves replacement. Far too good for Fulham. 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Play for Portugal and Sporting, one of the best statistically DMs in Europe last season along with Kamara. Also linked with Wolves as Neves replacement. Far too good for Fulham. 

So why are they the only team in for him? 

34 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It’s June 16th and we’ve signed 4 players.

Villa fans: This is depressing. 

Winning the transfer window is the most important thing now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Maybe we are waiting to see what Chelsea want to do with Gallagher. We are in no rush to bring in more players, especially when the manager is on holiday. I would imagine this will be quiet for another week or so, then we’ll see some movement in terms of inbound players.

Priority for now has to be shipping some out if they’re not going to player for us under Gerrard.

Indeed, I love the excitement and constant links plus movement as much as the next fan.

But fact is, we've down the most important pieces of business we needed to this window.

Yes of course we want/need more to push on, but signing for the sake of signing isn't the way forward.

People also fail to account that there are 19 other clubs, 4 - 6 who can probably have their pick of players and Newcastle, in the same market.

All things considered, we've done ok so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well they're not. I just mentioned Wolves were too.

Ok, so Wolves and Fulham are the only teams interested. 

You’re still not selling it. But let’s get angry if we don’t get him 🤣

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

We need to sign some more overage players past their best  and ready for the retirement home. But are good enough  for our first team. Like Bale, Fernandinho, Wijnaldum etc…

FTFY

Edited by jim

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Maybe we are waiting to see what Chelsea want to do with Gallagher. We are in no rush to bring in more players, especially when the manager is on holiday. I would imagine this will be quiet for another week or so, then we’ll see some movement in terms of inbound players.

Priority for now has to be shipping some out if they’re not going to player for us under Gerrard.

I dont think is anything at all in a Gallagher transfer to us anyway. Chelsea might loan him out again but I dont think they will sell him

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Ok, so Wolves and Fulham are the only teams interested. 

You’re still not selling it. But let’s get angry if we don’t get him 🤣

As long as we sign another first team midfielder I'll be happy, but I am also a bit gutted if Palhinha ends up at Fulham as I genuinely think he would comfortably strengthen our first team too if Gerrard bothered to play a double pivot.

Season starts August 6th this year due to World Cup so we need to bringing in our final signings in the next 2-3 weeks I'd say so that they can fully take part in preseason. That's why lack of tangible links currently is a worry. 

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

As long as we sign another first team midfielder I'll be happy, but I am also a bit gutted if Palhinha ends up at Fulham as I genuinely think he would comfortably strengthen our first team too if Gerrard bothered to play a double pivot.

Season starts August 6th this year due to World Cup so we need to bringing in our final signings in the next 2-3 weeks I'd say so that they can fully take part in preseason. That's why lack of tangible links currently is a worry. 

Don’t rule out the possibility of Glen Kamara joining us. We could have a double Kamara pivot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Many seem to want Villa to play 4231. I’m not sure why. 

A lot of good teams in the league deploy it like Arsenal, Leicester and West Ham, plus Gerrard's narrow 4-3-2-1 has hardly been a roaring success.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

A lot of good teams in the league deploy it like Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester and West Ham, plus Gerrard's narrow 4-3-2-1 has hardly been a roaring success.

Which is probably why we’ve been mostly utilising two number 9’s since February. 

Many successful teams don’t. Many formations are available. Why the obsession with *this* one? 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which is probably why we’ve been mostly utilising two number 9’s since February. 

Many successful teams don’t. Many formations are available. Why the obsession with *this* one? 

I think you can mix up a possession game with a counter attacking game with that formation, plus get players like Bailey into the team who we invested a lot of money in and we don't want to see it go to waste. In a narrower formation we can't do that.

It doesn't matter anyhow as Gerrard seems dead set on the formation he used up in Scotland.