What do you like most about yourself?

KentVillan

People seem to find it harder to answer this thread sincerely than the other one, which is actually quite a nice quality of the community on here. Not boastful, happy to spend hours talking about things that piss them off and things they often wonder

• Like 1

That I will stand up for myself and wont allow anyone to push me around.Also not afraid to voice my opinion in a crowded shop or whatever.Example if someone tries to jump the que that I am in,I will tell them in no uncertain manner that they are wrong.

21 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

That I will stand up for myself and wont allow anyone to push me around. 

This goes back to what I was saying about my Dad. He always taught me to champion the underdog, and stand up to bullies. I do have a longer fuse than him, but that has certainly been my M.O. over the years. 

On the other hand - and we discussed this recently in another thread - it's a fine line between that and needlessly seeking confrontation. 

Edited by mjmooney

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This goes back to what I was saying about my Dad. He always taught me to champion the underdog, and stand up to bullies. I do have a longer fuse than him, but that has certainly been my M.O. over the years. 

On the other hand - and we discussed this recently in another thread - it's a fine line between that and needlessly seeking confrontation. 

Even though I used to box,I dont like fighting for the sake of it,I would much rather walk away from a fight but if I think someone is trying to take advantage of me or mine I will stand my ground. 

• 1 month later...
On 22/01/2022 at 19:40, KentVillan said:

I don't think I bear grudges, and I find it easy to forgive people

"Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom."- Hannah Arendt 

• Like 1

A few people on here have said the same, but the ability to not hold grudges is something I take pride in.  I see people (including my nearest and dearest) who fall out over trivial matters and then have a sworn enemy because of it.  Seems that nobody told them that’s no way to live.  

• Like 1

Â