Rds1983

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Went back to previous start word after my experiment

I’ve been changing around a bit, too, but it doesn’t really make much difference. It’s kind of easier, mentally to start with the same word all the time perhaps.

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

I’ve been changing around a bit, too, but it doesn’t really make much difference. It’s kind of easier, mentally to start with the same word all the time perhaps.

I just think attempting to get the three vowels including a and e in the first word isn't helping. I think my a and e plus three consonants is better

My scores seemed to be worse. Before the average was in the  3 - 4 range and with the three vowel strat it was in the 4-5 range. Small data set but just a feeling

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I just think attempting to get the three vowels including a and e in the first word isn't helping. I think my a and e plus three consonants is better

My scores seemed to be worse. Before the average was in the  3 - 4 range and with the three vowel strat it was in the 4-5 range. Small data set but just a feeling

My most used starter word, raise, I think helps with the 3 vowels plus 2 other fairly common letters and I mostly get 3 s and 4s  here’s quite a big sample

IMG_0780.jpeg

• Like 1

This chat of starting words, I wonder how the NYT selects the actual word. Is it an algorithm that picks it, or a human being person? I had a run of getting the word right of 100 in a row, then failed 2 in succession. Sine then I’ve used my normal starting word, then a different one, then the normal one, then another different one and mixing it up a bit, wondering if the setter kind of changes the content letters, so that for example they wouldn’t do “house” one day and “mouse” the next, but would pick a word with no more than one or two common letters from the previous word. So I’m sort of trying to second guess, based on that theory.  Results are inconclusive, mainly because I always forget the answer within minutes of getting it. I think I forget so quickly because after wordle I do some heardles, then a quiz thing.

Â