Matchday Covid requirements - Burnley

rodders0223

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/december/15/covid-19-matchday-regulations-/

Supporters are advised to be prepared to show NHS COVID-19 status certification in order to attend matchdays at Villa Park – starting from Saturday’s Premier League fixture against Burnley. 

Following the government’s announcement to introduce Plan B of its COVID response autumn-winter measures, new protocols are now in place for all match-attending fans. 

All supporters aged 18 or over, including those in hospitality, will be required to: 

1. Pre-register your COVID status online in advance of arriving at the stadium - this is to declare you are symptom-free, hold a valid NHS COVID Pass or negative NHS COVID test result and understand you risk being refused entry if you cannot provide proof. Supporters will simply be asked to complete a pre-registration form which will be emailed to fans (lead bookers for group tickets) within 72 hours of matchday. This must be submitted prior to three hours before kick-off. Please ensure your email address and preferences are up-to-date.
  2. Show your NHS COVID Pass or negative NHS COVID test result (within the previous 24 hours) at stadium checks. 
  3. Do not travel if you feel unwell and/or are displaying COVID symptoms
COVID-19 matchday regulations

Spot checks will take place across all areas of the stadium, including hospitality, and supporters risk being denied entry if you are unable to show your NHS COVID Pass or proof of a negative NHS COVID test within the previous 24 hours, ideally on matchday. 

If applicable, evidence of a negative lateral flow test result needs to be registered within the NHS COVID Pass. Do not bring your lateral flow test kit to the stadium.

Medical exemptions should now be registered with the NHS to generate an NHS COVID Pass, using 119 or the NHS website, or through your GP. This can take a little time, so if you are medically exempt, please alert the nearest steward on arrival. 

Fans are also reminded to display good public health behaviour – stay at home if you have COVID-19 symptoms, wash hands regularly, social distance wherever possible and wear a face covering when indoors, in congested areas and on public transport.

COVID-19 matchday regulations

Aston Villa, the Premier League and its clubs have a shared goal and ongoing commitment to keep supporters and all those in attendance at fixtures as safe as possible during the COVID pandemic. 

On the back of previous 2021/22 COVID matchday regulations, these new requirements are vital to help create a safe matchday environment for all fans to enjoy.  

Please note, this applies to all Premier League stadia and is a legal requirement/condition of entry. 

Thank you in advance for your help, support and patience during this time. 

See below for our full list of FAQs

Supporters are advised to arrive at Villa Park in plenty of time in order to be prepared for spot checks. 

To read our COVID-19 Fans Code of Conduct, click here. By purchasing a match ticket, supporters are agreeing to comply with this Code of Conduct.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Got to submit it online.

I bet this won't be a complete ballache like most Villa online services....

This should be pretty straightforward I think, in so far as I know, the emails themselves don't include any requirement for you to submit any medical details, I don't think there's any uploading of anything required or anything of that ilk - the important bit is between you and the government.

6 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I found out today that the domestic Covid passes expire after 2 days so be careful.

I found that too, but the good news is once you've generated one, you can generate a new one in about 30 seconds on the NHS app and they're valid for two days from the moment when you generate one.

Possibly a stupid question, but how does this all work for the more elderly supporters who are unlikely to have a smartphone or email?  My dad doesn't go to VP anymore but he doesn't even own a mobile phone nevermind a smartphone. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chomer said:

Possibly a stupid question, but how does this all work for the more elderly supporters who are unlikely to have a smartphone or email?  My dad doesn't go to VP anymore but he doesn't even own a mobile phone nevermind a smartphone. 

I'm not sure. I guess there are two questions there, one about the club and one about Covid.

On the club one, he'll need to have been allocated a Fan ID in order to have got a ticket and in order to have a Fan ID he'll need to have registered an email address and contact details at Villa. Whether that's something someone else might set up for him is I guess up to them - I set up an email account for my young nephew which I keep an eye on for example. We're now at a point where if you want to be part of Villa Park on matchday, you need to have done something on line - that's increasingly true of a lot of things in life.

On the government one, there are ways to get a paper copy of your Covid pass, either from the .gov website or directly from a Doctor - I guess he'd have to go through those methods.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chomer said:

I rang 119 today to ask about this because my dad doesn't have a smart phone and neither do I.

The guy I spoke to said the paper letter version doesn't expire like the pass so I'm hoping he's right.

He also said he thought Gerrard would do well at Villa after handling the pressure of Rangers.

But the email thing is a problem - I don't know how you'd get around that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Anyone thinking of giving this one a miss due to covid ?

(Villa till I die - takes on a whole new significance !!!)

I've had 3 jabs and will wear an FFP2 mask like the last game. I've got past worrying what I look like, but not the amount of condensation that builds up in the mask in this cold weather - it's horrible.

14 hours ago, chomer said:

If you go to the NHS site you can set up an account for any relative. You can then follow the links and get a printable copy 

Edit...the process can take up to 24hrs so plan accordingly. Also it helps to do it on your mobile as you will need to upload a video of the person you are applying for....for identification reasons

Edited by Nigel
  • Thanks 1