Injuries for opening fixture

hippo

Rumours that Budenia has a knock.

Bailey might not be ready having not long arrived from Jamaica.

Morgan Sanson - wasn't at the open training session today.

The opening fixture could have a very familiar look !!!!

It would be easier to say who is available.....

Luiz on leave after Olympics.

Bailey may be on the bench, but with only 1-2 days with the squad probably wont be fit.

Watkins went off versus the Italian club in a  friendly today, possibly injured, looked like hamstring pull or twinge.

Buendia seems to have a knock, hasn't played in any of the last 2 friendly games.

Sanson still isn't fit apparently.

The first game could be a hot mess.

Edited by MaVilla

Hopefully Buendía and Watkins were pulled out of the last game as a precaution to make sure they were fit for first fixture. Definitely going to have to grow into the new season as players come back, so need to lower our expectations a bit until everyone’s back and fit. At least the first choice defence is fit.

Bailey has now joined up with the squad so I expect him to be in the bench. Buendia as tweeted that he’s “ready” so I assume he’s fit. I get the feeling he’ll start. And DS said earlier in the week Watkins is fit to start. 
So do I put Buendia into my Fantasy Football team? 

Smith...

"Ollie Watkins had a bang on his knee. He's got some bone bruising so we'll see if he's pain-free today. If he is he'll train and be available for tomorrow.

"Other than that, Leon Bailey came and done some work yesterday afternoon and he'll train with the squad and travel down with us and he'll be available as well.

"(Buendia) is good to go. He had a slight adductor injury and I didn't want to risk him in the game on Sunday (vs Salernitana). But he's trained all week and he's available for selection.

"I'm really pleased with where we're at at the moment."

23 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Smith...

"Ollie Watkins had a bang on his knee. He's got some bone bruising so we'll see if he's pain-free today. If he is he'll train and be available for tomorrow.

"Other than that, Leon Bailey came and done some work yesterday afternoon and he'll train with the squad and travel down with us and he'll be available as well.

"(Buendia) is good to go. He had a slight adductor injury and I didn't want to risk him in the game on Sunday (vs Salernitana). But he's trained all week and he's available for selection.

Interpret that as Buendia starting, Leon on the bench, and Watkins a last minute decision.

• Like 1

On 13/08/2021 at 10:48, Peter Griffin said:

Smith...

Aductor injury doesn't sound good. They have a habit of coming back. Hope he's gonna be ok  - very important for us.

Â