U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

Was very impressed with Thorndike that first half, probably the best I've seen him play for us, a few mistakes aside Iroegbunam playing very well as well, as is Caleb Chukwuemeka as he pretty much always does, he might not be far away from making the first team squad himself.

The new players in defence have also done well, bearing in mind that they're all playing out of position, Barber normally a right-back did well down the left hand side, and Pierre who replaced him and is normally an attacking midfielder showed some nice touchs too.

• Thanks 1

3:3 final score. 
poor last 30 mins. Really should have lost. Defence looked makeshift as it was. Mid stopped tracking back in wide areas and davis, Chuck kept dribbling and losing balls when an easy pass was on. Disappointing. 

30 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

3-2 ?? FFS...I want a 10-0 battering 😡

To be honest, Blues were probably the better team, annoyingly enough. Their number 11 who has a Spanish sounding name ran the game in the second half. 

Still, football at this level is mostly not about results, and it was good to see Trezeguet get some time and run around a lot. 

• Thanks 1

Was pretty poor from us from the moment they scored their second goal, but I don't think the commentary stated enough just how makeshift our defence was, we didn't start with a natural left-back or a natural central defender, and when Barber went off we didn't even have a natural full-back or central defender on the pitch, Lindley, Pierre, and Alcock are all central midfieldes, and Munroe seems to be a utility player.

Lindley aside it was the defence that's been playing in the U18 league and conceding so many, so no surprise we conceded three today. We're unfortuante that Zito, Sohna, Appiah, and O'Reilly all natural defenders are all injured at the same time, Aaron Ramsey as well.

Kadan Young showed a few nices touches in his short time on the pitch, as did the other younger players that came into the team, just a shame that they had to play out of position which I think told in the end, we needed to keep the ball better in our half of the pitch to help the makeshift defence out better but stopped doing that in the second half, especially when Caleb Chukwuemeka came off.

• Like 2

Ran out of steam and were outmuscled, the positive being that they kept trying to play.

Disappointed with the attitude of some of the fans getting frustrated and clearly not understanding how young and makeshift this back 4 were.

Iroegbunam is a monster, I love watching him play.

• Like 1

A lot of poor performances out there and I hope that the lads had it drilled into them that being outplayed by the Noses at any level is not acceptable at this club ..... hope they all have mirrors in their houses because they should be taking a hard look at themselves tonight for that showing. PS: Good to see Keinando scoring !!!