Sergio Ramos

KentVillan

He's leaving Madrid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57505988

Sergio Ramos is set to leave Real Madrid after the club announced a "farewell" news conference for their long-serving captain on Thursday.

Ramos, 35, has won five La Liga titles and four Champions Leagues in a glittering Real career after joining from boyhood club Sevilla in 2005.

The centre-back made 671 appearances, scoring 101 goals.

The club say they will hold the news conference as an "institutional act of tribute and farewell".

A pantomime villain, but in footballing terms, probably one of the greatest footballers of all time.

5 league titles, 4 Champions Leagues, two Euros and a World Cup, and he was a central figure in all of those.

The goalscoring record for a defender is also just incredible. Be interested to see what he does next. Hope Purslow is lining up a cheeky bid.

• Like 2

One of greatest defenders of his time, gets a bad reputation in England because he didnt play in the mighty Premier League. Rudiger has done shitter things recently and no complaints

Whoever signs him is taking a big risk though, can see him probably at PSG or Juventus who love a bad value free signibg

• Like 2

One of the all time greatest footballers for me.

Defender, goalscorer, leader. Genuine world class.

Whether he still is now is debatable though. Could be an expensive flop for somebody.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

Fantastic defender and leader. Real payed something like £25m for him back in the day and 16 years later he's turned out as good a transfer as Buffon was for Juve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

Cheeky bid from NSWE?

I hope not.   Great player in his day, but he's now an injury prone 35 year old who has played almost a thousand games of top level football.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I hope not.   Great player in his day, but he's now an injury prone 35 year old who has played almost a thousand games of top level football.  

I dont think he has played 90 minutes yet in 2021

Â