• Brian May
    • Mark Knopfler
    • Jimi Hendrix
    • Eddie Van Halen
    • Stevie Ray Vaughn
    • Jimmy Page

This poll is closed to new votes

Can you add others?, Tom Morello, Matt Bellamy, Rory Gallagher,

probably go for the first option or last...

the thing only allows for 6 or 7 choices...

Can you add others?, Tom Morello, Matt Bellamy, Rory Gallagher,

probably go for the first option or last...

the thing only allows for 6 or 7 choices...

Oh okay, it would now make sense :D,

still if you can find room...

And Knofler and May have no right being on that list!

Ask the big guitarplayers about May and you'll get another answer about May, I can tell you. Or in the words of Jeff Beck:

"He's the best pop orientated guitarplayer there is, really."

And he's not the only one.

Not according to Tony Iommi...

you mean one of Brians best friends who was on stage with him to celebrate Freddies life 21st of april 1992 and seemed to enjoy himself very much when they played together? Find it hard to believe that he has anything bad to say about May. :? Guess I'll have to check that memorial DVD again and see what Toni says in that one.

Nope, he doesn't, but he would say, like himself, he wouldn't be on a list with Clapton, Hendrix, Van Halen, Page and Vaughan!

And by the way I would know this, considering, I travelled through South East Asia with his son!

Nope, he doesn't, but he would say, like himself, he wouldn't be on a list with Clapton, Hendrix, Van Halen, Page and Vaughan!

And by the way I would know this, considering, I travelled through South East Asia with his son!

Ok, that's not bad mouthing him, my fault. And Hendrix I can agree on, and so would Brian, I'm sure of that. But Clapton, van Halen and Page? They weren't ahead of Brian, never in a million years.

Ok, that's not bad mouthing him, my fault. And Hendrix I can agree on, and so would Brian, I'm sure of that. But Clapton, van Halen and Page? They weren't ahead of Brian, never in a million years.

Agree to disagree... Brian May, as nice a bloke as he is, never did anything innoventive unlike the rest of the list (Knofler excluded) he was a good pop guitarist, maybe even the bext "Pop" Guitarist, nowhere near one of the best in the world, not even in the top 30!

Agree to disagree... Brian May, as nice a bloke as he is, never did anything innoventive unlike the rest of the list (Knofler excluded) he was a good pop guitarist, maybe even the bext "Pop" Guitarist, nowhere near one of the best in the world, not even in the top 30!

Hm, agree to disagree and all that, but to say that he wasn't innoventive is just pure wrong, I'm sorry to say. Then you know nothing about him as a guitarplayer. After Hewndrix and maybe guys like Vai and van Halen, he's probably the most innoventive there has been. For one thing the sound he had was never equalled by any other guy. Like the sound or not, many tried to copy it but no one had any success. And AFAIK he's the only great guitarplayer that ever made his own guitar. :nod:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Â