Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't really get the clamour for Sanson to start. I wouldn't drop any of our CMs for him. But that's because I don't actually think our midfield is to blame.

We actually dominated possession the last 2 games. We're losing because our attack is toothless and our defence can't stop making mistakes. Our midfield is the least of our worries and I don't see the need to be changing it up.

Also I haven't been impressed with more than a single performance of his for us. 

So it's the forwards, who are supplied by the midfield, who are toothless ?

And the defender errors who are protected by the midfield?

It isn't working, there is zero chemistry in that trio in the middle, hence a different player needs to come in to try and build that missing chemistry. 

I trust sansom more than mcginn to pass the ball to another villa player.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The one game he played? People don’t seem to notice him when he’s on the pitch. December to early January he came off the bench in just about every game. Also started against Chelsea. 225 minutes under Gerrard. He didn’t only play against Man U.

This is actually partly why I don’t rate him. At a glance he looks like a player (although a bit mistake prone), but he doesn’t seem to make much difference in games. I struggle to think of positive actions, not necessary goals or assist but maybe a really nice pass or important tackle. I do remember a great through ball in that cup game against Chelsea in September, but not much else.

I can only remember him playing one game so can only pass judgment on that. I’m not declaring he was a great player or owt just wondered what happened to him.

thanks for the stats 👍🏻

45 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The one game he played? People don’t seem to notice him when he’s on the pitch. December to early January he came off the bench in just about every game. Also started against Chelsea. 225 minutes under Gerrard. He didn’t only play against Man U.

This is actually partly why I don’t rate him. At a glance he looks like a player (although a bit mistake prone), but he doesn’t seem to make much difference in games. I struggle to think of positive actions, not necessary goals or assist but maybe a really nice pass or important tackle. I do remember a great through ball in that cup game against Chelsea in September, but not much else.

And I was referring to berson for the record

On 19/02/2022 at 14:16, hippo said:

Probably half that. The guy has barely played in 2 years.

You have to say that Smith and Gerrard have both overlooked him - coaches at other clubs would probably do the same.

He's only been here one year. Feels longer I know.

18 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Not being funny but people said the same about Ramsey, that he doesn't influence games. Sanson may have had a few minutes but still had nowhere near enough to judge.

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Not being funny but people said the same about Ramsey, that he doesn't influence games. Sanson may have had a few minutes but still had nowhere near enough to judge.

Yes but Ramsey was younger and still developing while Sanson should be old enough? Maybe it’s been unfair not to play him more. Still, they play matches in training and if Sanson had done really well there I believe he would have started games. Maybe managers should speak about why they select players or not, to avoid confusion. It’s just standard not to do so.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yes but Ramsey was younger and still developing while Sanson should be old enough? Maybe it’s been unfair not to play him more. Still, they play matches in training and if Sanson had done really well there I believe he would have started games. Maybe managers should speak about why they select players or not, to avoid confusion. It’s just standard not to do so.

Well yes he is older but he's in a new country, new team and hardly played.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

This is less about Sanson and more about players not playing well (for whatever reason) and continuously being picked. What about squad depth? Challenging for places? Giving players a kick up the arse? Actually giving our academy prospects a fair crack?

This is the problem. Play however shite you want and you'll still be picked. Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

This is less about Sanson and more about players not playing well (for whatever reason) and continuously being picked. What about squad depth? Challenging for places? Giving players a kick up the arse? Actually giving our academy prospects a fair crack?

The only reason for keeping players who underperform is if the manager seriously believes the alternatives are worse.

If he still made large scale changes it would send a message and give a foot up arses, but could at least in the mind of the manager also mean sacrificing the game.

And what if the alternatives actually proved to be worse? The manager would then have to change back again, sending a new message: ”I am so desperate for the fans to like me I don’t even care about results anymore”.

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The only reason for keeping players who underperform is if the manager seriously believes the alternatives are worse.

If he still made large scale changes it would send a message and give a foot up arses, but could at least in the mind of the manager also mean sacrificing the game.

And what if the alternatives actually proved to be worse? The manager would then have to change back again, sending a new message: ”I am so desperate for the fans to like me I don’t even care about results anymore”.

Well the manager called out the starting team last week and promised big changes and made just one. I think he doesnt really care what the fans think anyway

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Well the manager called out the starting team last week and promised big changes and made just one. I think he doesnt really care what the fans think anyway

Promising and not delivering was stupid. But he did talk about Bailey as ”the one everyone want to see”. I predict more changes next game.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Promising and not delivering was stupid. But he did talk about Bailey as ”the one everyone want to see”. I predict more changes next game.

Knowing what we have seen it will be Konsa for Chambers and maybe Ollie for Ings

Â