Immortals Fenyx Rising

Chindie

The worst named game in many a year is upon us.

And it's not awful, apparently. Breath of the Wild lite x Assassin's Creed. It looks like mechanically it's pretty solid but err, your mileage may vary in everything else. I personally hate the way it looks and the 'humorous' presentation is marginally worse than cutting your bollocks off with a blunt hacksaw, and of course there's the big 'Ubisoft' elephant in the room, but it's surprisingly unshite if you can set that aside.

Reeks of big discount in a few months mind.

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The worst named game in many a year is upon us.

And it's not awful, apparently. Breath of the Wild lite x Assassin's Creed. It looks like mechanically it's pretty solid but err, your mileage may vary in everything else. I personally hate the way it looks and the 'humorous' presentation is marginally worse than cutting your bollocks off with a blunt hacksaw, and of course there's the big 'Ubisoft' elephant in the room, but it's surprisingly unshite if you can set that aside.

Reeks of big discount in a few months mind.

Played through the demo on Stadia a couple of nights ago.

Liked the mechanics. Hated the "humour".

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

This is doing very little to make me think it won't be a standard UbiSoft game once the Breath of the Wild sheen wears off. 

Not sure if you've had the chance to play it or seen much of it but for me as a BotW rip off kena Bridge of spirits looks a lot more interesting than this 

• Like 1

I kinda struggle to get past how much I hate the art style. It's generic, bland, flat, ugly... It has that whiff of free to play scalability. Which is all the more bizarre because the technical elements of the graphics are pretty shit hot. They just applied them to an art style which is utterly, utterly shite.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure if you've had the chance to play it or seen much of it but for me as a BotW rip off kena Bridge of spirits looks a lot more interesting than this 

Kena: Bridge of Spirits is looking great.

I like that it seems to be going for an older Zelda template rather than the BOTW template. Kena feels very much inspired by the likes of Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask which is great cause those are the classics. 

I am definitely more excited for Kena which is an indie game than Immortals that's for sure. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Quick heads up. Just went to get this (as a Xmas present from the good lady wife) and it's currently available in a flash sale on Amazon for £30 instead of £50.

Which was nice.

Just had a look and Watch Dogs Legions is the same price too - not that anyone will buy it!

• 4 weeks later...

Finished this yesterday.

Not too shabby at all. Solid RPG, with decent combat and some fun puzzles all wrapped up in Greek mythology. 

Not in the same league as BOTW, but then again not much is.

7/10

Â