Wrexham AFC - Ryan Reynolds/Rob McElhenney

Wezbid

27 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Very clever. Paints Wrexham in a favourable light but the reality is that Accrington would’ve desperately needed the extra £25k whereas these guys don’t need it at all.

Clever PR work. 

Or maybe they just want to help their fans out?

😃

Edited by Demitri_C

Apparently the price increase is because they got a bigger allocation but wouldn't chip in for the security costs and Accrington have to fund it

Its so beautiful what they are doing to lower league football

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Very clever. Paints Wrexham in a favourable light but the reality is that Accrington would’ve desperately needed the extra £25k whereas these guys don’t need it at all.

Clever PR work. 

But...doesn't this mean supporters travelling to both ties pay the same AND Accrington get the extra £25k. Who actually loses?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Apparently the price increase is because they got a bigger allocation but wouldn't chip in for the security costs and Accrington have to fund it

Its so beautiful what they are doing to lower league football

Is it normal for teams at that level to chip in with security at away games?

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

Is it normal for teams at that level to chip in with security at away games?

Not really but Accrington increased the prices by £5 last season for teams that brought a large following and none of them acted how Wrexham have here.

Its disgraceful from Wrexham especially as Accrington are not funded by millionaires and Amazon documentaries

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not really but Accrington increased the prices by £5 last season for teams that brought a large following and none of them acted how Wrexham have here.

Its disgraceful from Wrexham especially as Accrington are not funded by millionaires and Amazon documentaries

Sorry, I'm sure I'm missing something crucial here. Wrexham are disgraceful for not paying the opposition for something no one else down there does, whilst giving Accrington increased gate receipts? Not being facetious, but that's how it initially seems to me from the outside. Happy to be corrected.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Sorry, I'm sure I'm missing something crucial here. Wrexham are disgraceful for not paying the opposition for something no one else down there does, whilst giving Accrington increased gate receipts? Not being facetious, but that's how it initially seems to me from the outside. Happy to be corrected.

No Wrexham are disgraceful for throwing a tantrum and making Accrington look like the bad guys here. Because they have online idiot fans a lot of the social media anger has now gone towards Accrington.

Accrington did Wrexham fans a solid by giving more seats. Due to having to hire more security they had to increase the costs which no other team cried or made a big deal about except Wrexham.

Accrington said will give them the minimum amount of tickets next season if they play

Just now, Zatman said:

No Wrexham are disgraceful for throwing a tantrum and making Accrington look like the bad guys here. Because they have online idiot fans a lot of the social media anger has now gone towards Accrington.

Accrington did Wrexham fans a solid by giving more seats. Due to having to hire more security they had to increase the costs which no other team cried or made a big deal about except Wrexham.

Accrington said will give them the minimum amount of tickets next season if they play

I still don't understand that. Unless Accrington is sold out, and I doubt it is given their ground holds 5000 and their average attendance is around 1200, giving wrexham more seats is also in their own self interest surely? At least financially. 

If you're whinging about more fans coming to your ground I think you are probably in the wrong business.

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I still don't understand that. Unless Accrington is sold out, and I doubt it is given their ground holds 5000 and their average attendance is around 1200, giving wrexham more seats is also in their own self interest surely? At least financially. 

If you're whinging about more fans coming to your ground I think you are probably in the wrong business.

Wrexham are the ones doing the whinging not Accrington and are spinning it that they are the good guys 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wrexham are the ones doing the whinging not Accrington and are spinning it that they are the good guys 

As far as I can tell, the only thing Wrexham have done is called out profiteering which disbenefits their own fans. And as a byproduct Accrington's fans. And they've done it by not financially impacting Accrington.

Question: Is it right to charge fans more for games where they can get away with it? Whether and how many teams do it is irrelevant. Is it right?

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

As far as I can tell, the only thing Wrexham have done is called out profiteering which disbenefits their own fans. And as a byproduct Accrington's fans. And they've done it by not financially impacting Accrington.

Question: Is it right to charge fans more for games where they can get away with it? Whether and how many teams do it is irrelevant. Is it right?

Mm but none of the other teams whos fans paid the extra £5 to hire security and police made this childish reaction. The added charge was not because its Wrexham, its because they brought more fans

Wrexham can afford to discount fans while other teams cant

Just now, Zatman said:

Mm but none of the other teams whos fans paid the extra £5 to hire security and police made this childish reaction. The added charge was not because its Wrexham, its because they brought more fans

Wrexham can afford to discount fans while other teams cant

Doesn't the extra gate receipts cover the extra security? How expensive are these security?

And Wrexham discounting fans....if they can afford it then good on them. They are from a hard up town, not high wycombe. Have you seen the prices of Lower league non league games? It's mental. 

Kiddy Harriers are 18 pounds a game. For National League. 

Cheltenham 20-25 pounds in League 1. 

Just now, HKP90 said:

Doesn't the extra gate receipts cover the extra security? How expensive are these security?

And Wrexham discounting fans....if they can afford it then good on them. They are from a hard up town, not high wycombe. Have you seen the prices of Lower league non league games? It's mental. 

Kiddy Harriers are 18 pounds a game. For National League. 

Cheltenham 20-25 pounds in League 1. 

Wrexham are discounting fans for the return game which is how this issue started

Wrexham brought 2500 fans yesterday which is 2000 more than away teama usually bring so yeah stewarding and policing will have went up considerably

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wrexham are discounting fans for the return game which is how this issue started

Wrexham brought 2500 fans yesterday which is 2000 more than away teama usually bring so yeah stewarding and policing will have went up considerably

2000 more people through the turnstiles, buying programmes and eating hotdogs.

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They didn’t whinge, they gave their fans a discount. 

By throwing little Accrington under the bus for no reason. It was something that could have been done in house instead of in the media. But always a show and dance with Wrexham

Thankfully Accrington won yesterday and some justice was done

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Pretty much all teams used to (I haven’t been to a live game in some time). You had category pricing for those games where you were likely to sell more tickets (Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool etc in the Prem).

As I’ve posted earlier, basically all League One and below sides are just loss makers. Not quite scraping for survival, but loss makers. They can benefit from Wrexham’s increased presence by charging more for fans - 5,200 turned up to see Accrington win. That £25k or so is huge to them - it’s not huge to Wrexham; they’re comparatively loaded.

There was absolutely zero need for Wrexham to come out and make a statement about Accrington charging more. If they wanted to just apply a discount, they could’ve done it for the return fixture.

It’s clever PR - make Wrexham look good and Accrington like filthy profiteers.

• Like 3

Â