Cadbury tie up with Liverpool!

John

So much for keeping it local! :rant:Liverpool now have Cadbury as their official "chocolate partner".

That's a real slap in the face for those Brummies that currently work there or who have worked at Bournville in the past. It's a dark day for Bournville and owners Mondelez International, have made a shameful decision, that will cost them more than a few sales of Christmas selection boxes in the coming years!  (Liverpool Echo link below)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-announce-new-sponsor-ahead-18890436

living in the past, local businesses and football clubs means nothing any more, especially when the local businesses are actually owned by bigger businesses dotted around the world, mondelez international will not give 2 shits about Birmingham or its football clubs, FWIW they were already a partner of man utd

the biggest issue here is "official chocolate partner" what the **** is that shit?! FFP at its finest, we can compete with that cant we? how the **** is it a bad thing that our billionaire owners dip their hands in to their own pockets to spend their own money on their own football club but a chocolate partner is a good thing? the games well and truly gone 

maybe an even bigger issue...  @thefunfactory u wot m8? cadburys still cant be beat even if the yank overlords have tried to flog the dead donkey with 40 new flavours a year

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

There was a drop-off in quality of Cadbury's after they got bought up all those years ago, though some of it's still plenty nice (and is so far above whatever artificial guff that's meant to pass for American chocolate).  That said I'm a fairly recent convert to Ritter, which manages to shit on Cadbury's from an almighty height.  Their peppermint creams and their honey roasted almond bars, oh my days.

Sorry, what were we talking about here? Ah yeah, the sponsorship thingy. @villa4europe has it nailed on.  I don't have the geographical affiliation personally so admittedly it's no skin off my nose anyway, would it be nice to have an iconic local company sponsor the team?  Probably, but as far as the modern footballing landscape goes I couldn't care less if we were sponsored by KY Jelly, as long as they had greasy enough palms.

Cadburys changing their recipe when they were bought by Kraft is a myth by the way. They did change the recipe of Creme Eggs I believe but everything else stayed the same.

I think they DID change some recipes last year though, but that was because of the sugar tax I believe

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cadburys changing their recipe when they were bought by Kraft is a myth by the way. They did change the recipe of Creme Eggs I believe but everything else stayed the same.

I think they DID change some recipes last year though, but that was because of the sugar tax I believe

Its wierd because when i was in the states i tried a cadburys bar there and it tasted completely different to the ones here.

It was horrible.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Its wierd because when i was in the states i tried a cadburys bar there and it tasted completely different to the ones here.

It was horrible.

Oh I dunno about the chocolate that's over there. They might have different recipes for that.

But when Kraft bought them the country was awash with rumours that they'd changed the recipe and it all tasted shit now. It's a myth

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It was horrible.

that's because it is different

it used to be that the number 1 ingredient in UK cadburys was milk, the number 1 ingredient in yank cadburys was sugar

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cadburys changing their recipe when they were bought by Kraft is a myth by the way.

That's just what the deep-state, confectionary industrial complex wants you to think, man.

Everything We Know About The Bachelorette Shake-Up | by Marissa Driscoll |  Pop Off | Aug, 2020 | Medium

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Oh I dunno about the chocolate that's over there. They might have different recipes for that.

But when Kraft bought them the country was awash with rumours that they'd changed the recipe and it all tasted shit now. It's a myth

Yeah i remember reading that and your right it didnt happen tastes the same.

Isnt kraft an american brand? Maybe they changed it for the states version. If so jesus it was awful. Tasted like cooking chocolate. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

yep, they might have tweaked it a little but they haven't changed it, I can still taste the difference between cadburys and milka for example even though they now share flavours

the biggest change they've made is a focus on the 250g or whatever they are bars and the bags rather than the traditional chocolate bars, they've gone to shit (not just cadburys, nestle and mars have done the same)

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

that's because it is different

it used to be that the number 1 ingredient in UK cadburys was milk, the number 1 ingredient in yank cadburys was sugar

That could be it. But usually sugar makes it taste better. In this instance it wasnt.

Horrific. Still gives me nightmares ss you can tell

Just now, villa4europe said:

yep, they might have tweaked it a little but they haven't changed it, I can still taste the difference between cadburys and milka for example even though they now share flavours

the biggest change they've made is a focus on the 250g or whatever they are bars and the bags rather than the traditional chocolate bars, they've gone to shit (not just cadburys, nestle and mars have done the same)

Milka absolutely pisses all over cadburys in terms of taste

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not a chance! Milka tastes cheaper and is a softer texture (thinner less chunky bars) 

They've shared / stolen half of cadburys recipes too 

Oh man i cant disagree more! I love the creamy taste of milka. Yummy

Somebody told me recently that American chocolate bars mainly Hersheys taste and smell different because whichever ingredient they use it actually smells like vomit. Americans grew up with this so its normal scent for them but Europeans can tell it

American chocolate is no debate, horrible stuff

Feel like cadburys is maybe getting a raw deal because of them changing the recipe in international markets 

Personally cadburys has a chunkier bar with more bite to it, Milka has a thinner bar which is flimsier and softer which some may find to be smoother and melt in the mouth 

The varieties of the main bars here at least are pretty much the same although cadburys have the varieties such as crunchie, boost, cream egg etc that Milka don't (which because of me growing up with them they are the best bars) 

Waiting for a polish member to throw weddle in to the mix... 

Edited by villa4europe