Academy General Topic

smetrov

The full match replay is available on this link to the Tournament facebook page. Edit: Watching some of the first half, and the picture quality isn't great, looks like Broggio is playing on the left hand side of the attack.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I watched the first half last night, as I say not a great picture, sometimes hard to make out the players, and in that first half Broggio playing on the left hand side the farthest side from the camera, but you can tell who he is because as said he's playing on the left, and he has his socks rolled down more so than the other players.

1-0 at half time, so both his assists must come in the second half, played well in the first half as did England as an whole, lost the ball a few times but also showed enough that you can tell that he's good player, hit inside of the post at one point, would have been a very good goal, left footed volley from a difficult angle

I watched the second half or at least up until England's fifth goal, Broggio's two assists come around the 1:09.53 and 1:33.08 points in the video, picture quality really poor though, first one was a simple low ball into the box, second one he controlled a long ball beat a man then played a simple pass, he was heavily involved in the fourth goal around 1:13.20, but there was another touch before the goal so technically wasn't his assist, there's a better quality clip of that on his instagram that link will go dead in a few hours as only stay active for 24 hours.

Both his assists, his shot that hit the post, and his good play that led to him assisting an assist, all came from his left foot, but in general play seemed to be using his right foot, seems to be capable with both.

They play Italy tomorrow, don't know if he will start again as they often make quite a few changes from match to match to give everyone a chance, but transfermarkt have him down as having duel citizenship with England and Italy, so could be interesting for him and his family if he does get on the pitch, then again they also have him down as a defender which is obviously wrong.

• Thanks 1

We're in talks to sign Ewan Simpson according to the Daily Mail, fifteen year old midfielder from Hearts already playing for their U18s and also a Scotland youth international.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Any news on how Caleb is doing? His wiki lists 5 appearances on loan which seems pretty pointless other bludgeoning him with the grimness of training in a Scotland to build his character...

Terribly. The fans don't like him and the manager doesnt like him. I think he got hooked early in his first or second game after coming on as a sub and hasnt been trusted since. From what i have heard he just doesnt have the aggression and work ethic . 

100 minutes of football so far in his loan. And not been injured. Just hasnt worked at any level for him 

Edited by MWARLEY2

I watched a few of his games for Kilmarnock when he first joined, and sure enough you could see he was struggling compared to U23 football, but i'm not really surprised it was like watching a completely different sport, not just compared to U23 football, but to football in England full stop. Also he was brought on in both games when Kilmarnock went more defensive to protect a lead and they starting playing long balls rather playing a more passing game as they had been earlier on, so not really ideal circumstances for him

To be honest I didn't think he looked lazy or anything was closing down, and trying to track back, just seemed the pace of the game the frantic nature of it took him by surprise, no time on the ball at all, and not just closing down either, as soon someone gets the ball there's sliding challenges all over the place, I honestly think any of our youngsters would struggle based on what I saw.

Also thought the manager was wrong to go public with some of the things he said, about subbing him not long after bringing him on, I don't think he was trying to put Chukwuemeka down as such, but came across like him trying to show everyone how he's not afraid to treat a player like that even if they've come from a premier league club.

There was a video of Chukwuemeka back at Bodymoor Heath last week, so possibly injured and back with us for treatment.

• Like 1

England U15 kick-off against Italy U15 at 5pm, Broggio not in the starting line-up, presuming he's on the bench, looks like it might be mostly a new team from the one that started against Chile.

Also noticed that Ashley Preece said in his Q&A today that a deal for Rory Wilson is 'done and dusted' and he also said a deal for Ewan Simpson is expected to get done, not sure I'd take that as gospel to be honest but interesting anyway.

As it happens Hearts are playing Rangers in the FA Youth Cup this evening 7:45pm kick-off, both Simpson and Wilson starting, game is being shown on BBC Scotland - iPlayer link.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Watched some of the game, Rangers won 2-1 Wilson scored what proved to be the winning goal, seemed to be pretty much an out and out striker, similar to Brad Young. Didn't see as much of Simpson as I mostly watched just the first-half which Rangers dominated, apparentlly Hearts came back in the second half but I didn't see much of it, from the little I did see of him though he looked neat and tidy on the ball and good passer with good work rate.

• Thanks 1

Looking at some of the U23s today it seems that we might have some decent players for the FA Youth Cup next season . 

Travis Patterson 

Kadan Young 

Josh Feeney

Kerr Smith

Jayden Barber 

These are the ones i know about that are very good. Do we have any others hidden away that can add to this core ? 

On 30/04/2022 at 12:51, Rich192 said:

Does anyone know if we can use Archer once he’s played his last game for Preston? He’s under 21 so doesn’t need to be registered. 

Don't think we can as presumably all championship loan contracts run until the end of playoffs.

Â