Gabby15

Calzaghe or Hopkins?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Calzaghe or Hopkins?

• Calzaghe KO
    • Calzaghe points
    • Hopkins KO
    • Hopkins points

Calzaghe on a split. And i think i agree. All of Hopkins best work had been done by round 4. The fight went 12.

boxing2wf0.jpg

Compubox gave it to Joe by a mile. Great fight though, i really enjoyed it.

Robbery, as always the undefeated boxer gets away with murder, reminds me a little of the Collazo/Hatton fight, even the commentators on BBC have said it's a shambles of a decision.

sour grapes me thinks :lol:

Robbery, as always the undefeated boxer gets away with murder, reminds me a little of the Colazo/Hatton fight, even the commentators on BBC have said it's a shambles of a decision.
Bullshit.

If anyone got away with anything it was hopkins. He was getting away with everything that the same ref gave against Hatton in the Hatton Mayweather fight.

It's funny the BBC are apparently saying it's a shocking decision, the Yanks all reckon Joe should have took it. I thought Hopkins had took it, despite barely boxing. And with the ref firmly, firmly on his side. Nice of Calzaghe to take it.

Robbery, as always the undefeated boxer gets away with murder, reminds me a little of the Colazo/Hatton fight, even the commentators on BBC have said it's a shambles of a decision.
Bullshit.

If anyone got away with anything it was hopkins. He was getting away with everything that the same ref gave against Hatton in the Hatton Mayweather fight.

Spot on! Hopkins has a good hug like a bear! :lol:

Its mad, the British media are saying Joe got beat. The Americans are gushing over how good Calzaghe was. Seems that this is very much a split decision. I can agree with Joe getting the win, but it was a very close fight. Im sure there will be talk of a rematch.

hopkins is a mug all he did was dance round the ring avoiding all confrontations with calzaghe and when calzaghe finnalyh got to him he just counter that was his game no incentive to acxtually outbox joe

he just thought lol i knocked him down in the first round all i gotta do is take minimal damage by prancing round the ring and not being cuaght and then throw a few counter punches to make it look like im boxing

It's funny the BBC are apparently saying it's a shocking decision, the Yanks all reckon Joe should have took it. I thought Hopkins had took it, despite barely boxing. And with the ref firmly, firmly on his side. Nice of Calzaghe to take it.

Exactly, but too many fools judge by nationality rather than boxing ability, Joe got took to school tonight and even got knocked down, it's futile to suggest he deserved that decision.

asif he did bbc are utter shit at sports and hopkins is a washed up hasbeen calzaghe was shit tonight by his standards but still outboxed him

boxer like hopkins are a disgrace to boxing constantly tryhing to cheat there way to victory

It's funny the BBC are apparently saying it's a shocking decision, .

Exactly, but too many fools judge by nationality rather than boxing ability, Joe got took to school tonight and even got knocked down, it's futile to suggest he deserved that decision.

I hate to tell you this, but 2 PROFESSIONAL BOXING JUDGES FROM AMERICA ruled it in Calzaghe's favour, the most experienced of them giving it to him by the widest margin.

So, I'm guessing that they are fools that judge by nationality rather than boxing ability too?

To be honest, it depends how you judge boxing. Hopkins is like Chelsea, **** boring but effective. Joe was hardly outboxed, there were very few times were he looked like he was gonna get nailed. Joe tried to win that fight, Hopkins tried to not lose it... for me he was more aggresive, worked harder and probably got more shots in (but less decisive ones).

Didnt live up to its billing to be honest, was hoping for a KO.

I think you had made your mind up who won by about 25 past 3 though LivingTheLifeOfAVillan. Hopkins did little after round 4. He looked **** in the 9th and 10th. Took that breather (which i hope the judges saw through) and woke up a bit in the last couple. Joe was consistent all the way though. I do think it was close, and i can see an argument for some of the swing rounds to be awarded the other way, but to suggest that Hopkins won easily and even be pissed off that the judges said he didnt seems at bit silly.

Anyhoo, bed calls. Well done Joe!

Â