Gabby15

Calzaghe or Hopkins?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Calzaghe or Hopkins?

• Calzaghe KO
    • Calzaghe points
    • Hopkins KO
    • Hopkins points

If there was gonna be a KO in that, it'd have been Calzaghe. Hopkins weren't gonna go down and Calzaghe ain't got the strength to make him.

sodding awful fight still. I agree with Pompey, Joe tried to win it, Hopkins tried not to lose (with Cortex helping him...). Anywho, off to bed before a certain match later...

It's funny the BBC are apparently saying it's a shocking decision, the Yanks all reckon Joe should have took it. I thought Hopkins had took it, despite barely boxing. And with the ref firmly, firmly on his side. Nice of Calzaghe to take it.

Exactly, but too many fools judge by nationality rather than boxing ability, Joe got took to school tonight and even got knocked down, it's futile to suggest he deserved that decision.

asif he did bbc are utter shit at sports and hopkins is a washed up hasbeen calzaghe was shit tonight by his standards but still outboxed him

boxer like hopkins are a disgrace to boxing constantly tryhing to cheat there way to victory

That was a "let's protect the undefeated fighter in the hope of making big money in his next fight on US soil" type of decision and everyone knows it, just like the Hatton/Collazo fight, the problem is when Joe comes up against someone with great power, speed, movement, technical ability and also undefeated like a Chad Dawson then he'll be in serious trouble.

I had Joe winning it by 2 rounds but in all fairness I wouldn't have been totally surprised had Hopkins got the decision.

It wasn't a very good fight mainly due to Hopkins spoiling tactics and for some reason Joe was unable to move in and out in hes usual style without getting tied up.

Hopkins play acting, especially in the 11th did him no favours for me.

If anyone has seen any of Hopkins past fights they shouldn't be too surprised that as a spectacle this didn't live upto the hype.

that was shit calzaghe tonight and he won though calzaghe was still very wary of being put to the canvas again after being knocked down in the first if joe hadnt been put to the canvas in the first he woulda ko'ed hopkins in the 10th/11th round

It's funny the BBC are apparently saying it's a shocking decision, .

Exactly, but too many fools judge by nationality rather than boxing ability, Joe got took to school tonight and even got knocked down, it's futile to suggest he deserved that decision.

I hate to tell you this, but 2 PROFESSIONAL BOXING JUDGES FROM AMERICA ruled it in Calzaghe's favour, the most experienced of them giving it to him by the widest margin.

So, I'm guessing that they are fools that judge by nationality rather than boxing ability too?

I meant the british boxing fans, the judges were simply taking orders from HBO when they scored their cards, you're acting like robbery's don't exist in boxing, well let me tell you they most certainly do and you saw one tonight.

I think you had made your mind up who won by about 25 past 3 though LivingTheLifeOfAVillan. Hopkins did little after round 4. He looked **** in the 9th and 10th. Took that breather (which i hope the judges saw through) and woke up a bit in the last couple. Joe was consistent all the way though. I do think it was close, and i can see an argument for some of the swing rounds to be awarded the other way, but to suggest that Hopkins won easily and even be pissed off that the judges said he didnt seems at bit silly.

Anyhoo, bed calls. Well done Joe!

Joe never won that fight, boxing politics gave it to him, Bernard was spot on with his comments after the fiight.

Edited: yes Bob i am tired indeed.

I think you had made your mind up who won by about 25 past 3 though LivingTheLifeOfAVillan. Hopkins did little after round 4. He looked **** in the 9th and 10th. Took that breather (which i hope the judges saw through) and woke up a bit in the last couple. Joe was consistent all the way though. I do think it was close, and i can see an argument for some of the swing rounds to be awarded the other way, but to suggest that Hopkins won easily and even be pissed off that the judges said he didnt seems at bit silly.

Yeah Rev "you don't think it was close" but yet you said this by the 11th round,

Im enjoying the fight actually. And i think its too close to call, i really do.

So i think you're telling a few Porky's :D , come on let's be honest now everyone knows Joe never won that fight, boxing politics gave it to him, Bernard was spot on with his comments after the fiight.

I think you're a bit tired

Yeah Rev "you don't think it was close" but yet you said this by the 11th round,

Im enjoying the fight actually. And i think its too close to call, i really do.

So i think you're telling a few Porky's :D , come on let's be honest now everyone knows Joe never won that fight, boxing politics gave it to him, Bernard was spot on with his comments after the fiight.

I think you're a bit tired

Hey everyone makes mistakes, just like those judges and HBO. :D

I'd have given it Hopkins, better all round fighter. Joe's a sloppy boxer; poor technique when he's throwing combinations, his arms are all over the place. Do think Hopkins could have made sure of it by being more aggressive, as he had the power to hurt his opponent, where as Joe just didn't.

maybe if hopkins had been interested in having a boxing match he may have won. there was nothing clever or admiralble about the way he fought. Just looked like an over the hill bIoxer who was trying everytrick in the book to frustrate a more technically gifted apponent.I thought boxing was about using your fists to hit your apponent not your head

Â