sne

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

No but he’s as good as some of the players mentioned. The last season he had at Liverpool I reckon was the best season by any player in the Premier League ever, some of the goals he scored were amazing 

Is he though? He is not even the best centre forward of his generation

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is he though? He is not even the best centre forward of his generation

Possibly only lewandowski (sorry if I have mispelt his name), better unless you consider Ronaldo  centre forward . But it’s been golden generation of strikers anyway 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Possibly only lewandowski (sorry if I have mispelt his name), better unless you consider Ronaldo  centre forward . But it’s been golden generation of strikers anyway 

Lewandowski, Zlatan, Aguero, Van Persie, Drogba, Villa though he might be bit before. All better strikers than Suarez

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Lewandowski, Zlatan, Aguero, Van Persie, Drogba, Villa though he might be bit before. All better strikers than Suarez

Really I’m astonished. Would consider Suarez better than all those apart from the first one maybe 

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Really I’m astonished. Would consider Suarez better than all those apart from the first one maybe 

It's almost like he's biased against most things Barcelona related and is a fan of Real Madrid...

5 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

It's almost like he's biased against most things Barcelona related and is a fan of Real Madrid...

Well not true on all counts, my team had 4 ex Barca players and 1 Real 😉

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Suarez is far better than Drogba imo. Drogba was a great man for a big game but had loads of ordinary seasons. In fact, I'd put Suarez ahead of Aguero, Villa and Van Persie too, and on a par with Lewandowski. He wouldn't get near my lifetime XI though.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to put up a GOAT thread where you actually had to balance out the squad in the correct positions, i.e. you can't just pick Messi, Maradona, Ronaldo because it's not sure it would actually suit a given tactic. In fact I'm pretty sure you can't have more than one of them in one team unless you use Cristiano Ronaldo as an out and out striker. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It would be interesting to put up a GOAT thread where you actually had to balance out the squad in the correct positions, i.e. you can't just pick Messi, Maradona, Ronaldo because it's not sure it would actually suit a given tactic. In fact I'm pretty sure you can't have more than one of them in one team unless you use Cristiano Ronaldo as an out and out striker. 

Could work but would need a workhorse of a centre forward who isnt afraid to not score goals like a Heskey, Mandzukic or Firmino

And also say, and I know this is probably very very controversial, but Gazza, Scholes and Henry are to me some of the best players I've ever seen. Just exceptional. 

I love it when I see players have the "British" graft and at the same time have the continental flair. It's rare, but it makes me all warm and fuzzy. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Could work but would need a workhorse of a centre forward who isnt afraid to not score goals like a Heskey, Mandzukic or Firmino

I just think all of those players excelled at being the centre of all attacking play. They want the ball and expect it. Maybe you are right, but just can't see it. 

At the end of the day we just pick the best players in their individual positions, not necessarily the best team. Gazza the most gifted English player in my lifetime. George Best the most naturally gifted British player. 

Â