The Covid 19 symptom thread

Jon

Seems a few of us may have/ have had this thing, so a place to discuss symptoms and remedies could be quite helpful? I've had some dialogue with @LakotaDakota and we both seem to have similar symptoms.  Particularly the breathing and tight chest issues.  

Could be helpful with tips for easing the symptoms.  For me: rest, paracetamol, honey & lemon drink, vapo rub.  

• Like 2

Anyone with any advice on breathing techniques with covid? I've hit chest discomfort and slightly impaired breathing.  Should I be taking shorter breaths, deeper longer breaths to fully fill the lungs, or try to maintain a 'standard' breathing pattern?

2 hours ago, Jon said:

Anyone with any advice on breathing techniques with covid? I've hit chest discomfort and slightly impaired breathing.  Should I be taking shorter breaths, deeper longer breaths to fully fill the lungs, or try to maintain a 'standard' breathing pattern?

The only thing I’ve seen from people is that standing in the garden/by a window can help. I saw some footage from China where they were getting patients to stand up (if they could) as it helps clear the lungs and get more air in. 

Purely anecdotal 

edit: don’t know if you’ve got one, but a steam inhaler might help a bit too? 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Jon I'm not a doctor but to affirm @wazzap24's suggestion, when I was at basketball training once, I jumped for a contested ball and the momentum from the contact had me land back first on the hard wooden floor. Everyone gathered around immediately and within moments an accurate diagnosis had been made. I couldn't talk, I couldn't breath, I thought I might be dying if I'm honest, but one of my teammates accurately assessed exactly what had happened, I'd been badly winded, he instructed everyone to get me on my feet and told me to put my hands on my head and keep my arms above my shoulders. I was able to breath again shortly after, though it took some time for me to be able to speak and breath anything close to normally.

Another thing which springs to mind is mindfulness meditation breathing techniques. It might come across as airy-fairy but it's being used in the medical world and research suggests with good reason.

On 26/03/2020 at 07:10, Jon said:

Seems a few of us may have/ have had this thing, so a place to discuss symptoms and remedies could be quite helpful? I've had some dialogue with @LakotaDakota and we both seem to have similar symptoms.  Particularly the breathing and tight chest issues.  

Could be helpful with tips for easing the symptoms.  For me: rest, paracetamol, honey & lemon drink, vapo rub.  

Are you actually better now? Pretty sure this has f**ked something up properly in my lungs/heart. Still struggling to breathe properly for long periods most days & fairly constant pain on my left side/heart which ranges from generally uncomfortable to shit that doesn't feel good

• Sad 1

On 26/03/2020 at 10:56, Jon said:

On 26/03/2020 at 10:56, Jon said:

Saw this doing the rounds yesterday. Seems to be legit. 

Â