What's cooking / VT cookbook merge

trimandson

Do you like to cook ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to cook ?

• Yes
    • No

ta! printed and ready to shop - took you 7 mins however! Wondered what the methi was. Looking forward to using decent Gavin Masala - big supermarket stuff has ruined a few dishes of mine.

Who's Gavin Masala? :winkold:

Some recipes may also call for green cardamom, black cardamom, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, black onion seeds.

This book has some great recipes, if you don't mind a mix of old favourites and some innovation.

Can anyone help? Weekend food for 2 on a budget. To include all meals and snacks.

The thing I'm not good at is buying ingriedients that you use for more than one thing. It's so wasteful, I can buy a 6 pack of tomatoes and use 2 for a recipe and throw the rest because I'm not using tomatoes for my other meals - very silly and just need a bit of planning to stop it happening again.

(The fella and I stay in a house during the weekend that's not used during the week and we don't go every weekend, so can't keep food for the weekend after - hence this weird request.)

Any advice appreciated :)

Rob, been trawling back and found your garlic/ginger freezer blob thing - you reckon using an ice cube tray would work - would that be big enough?

Yes, just dont use it for ice afterwards!

Can anyone help? Weekend food for 2 on a budget. To include all meals and snacks.

The thing I'm not good at is buying ingriedients that you use for more than one thing. It's so wasteful, I can buy a 6 pack of tomatoes and use 2 for a recipe and throw the rest because I'm not using tomatoes for my other meals - very silly and just need a bit of planning to stop it happening again.

(The fella and I stay in a house during the weekend that's not used during the week and we don't go every weekend, so can't keep food for the weekend after - hence this weird request.)

Can't you just buy 2 tomatoes?

Yes perhaps bad example.... Eggs... You get the idea though...

Don't go to the supermarket for potatoes, eggs get them from a grocers/farm shop in fact you could possibly get a whole meal from a good farm shop

Sausage & mash with onion gravy, perfect also pretty quick and easy

Don't go to the supermarket for potatoes, eggs get them from a grocers/farm shop in fact you could possibly get a whole meal from a good farm shop

Sausage & mash with onion gravy, perfect also pretty quick and easy

You've made my day saying that, nice one mate.

Rob's gaff.

Too right mate, decent curry on the night with all the trimmings, and breakfast next day is Earl Grey, duck eggs, smoked bacon and pork sausage

;-)

Â