Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Villa and Leeds replacing the little clubs like Bournemouth and Watford would just be better for the league.

Yes it is harsh to look at it like that but you'd want the clubs with the biggest crowds. Best stadiums and biggest fanbase to remain in the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You can’t even take a positive in your hypothetical of us beating Arsenal and being three points clear of Bmouth with one game to go....your brain needs to be studied by science to understand the negativity constantly.

Or he could just support another team...Liverpool maybe?

edit: living in San Francisco you can take your pick really. I’d go for Real Madrid.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Or he could just support another team...Liverpool maybe?

edit: living in San Francisco you can take your pick really. I’d go for Real Madrid.

Over 11,000 posts on another team’s website would be crazy wouldn’t it? you do wonder sometimes though by the posts.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Villa and Leeds replacing the little clubs like Bournemouth and Watford would just be better for the league.

Yes it is harsh to look at it like that but you'd want the clubs with the biggest crowds. Best stadiums and biggest fanbase to remain in the Premier League.

Taking my Villa goggles off....my answer would be ‘No’.  Teams in the league should be there by merit.  Some of the most entertaining teams that have brightened up the league have been small like Wimbledon a few decades ago with Fash, Vinny Jones and Dennis Wise.  The league is better when there is variety and upsets.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Going off topic and discussing me again?

You know there is an ignore function on this forum right?

Yeah but we still see people’s quotes and replies to you so we basically see all 11,000 posts of yours many times.

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

Yeah but we still see people’s quotes and replies to you so we basically see all 11,000 posts of yours many times.

Not liking my posts or quotes doesn't mean you have to go out of your way and stay off topic.

Discuss relegation.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Taking my Villa goggles off....my answer would be ‘No’.  Teams in the league should be there by merit.  Some of the most entertaining teams that have brightened up the league have been small like Wimbledon a few decades ago with Fash, Vinny Jones and Dennis Wise.  The league is better when there is variety and upsets.

That may be true but to me it's a better spectacle to watch games that take place at great grounds like Elland Road and Villa Park with big and passionate crowds compared to Vitality Stadium.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not liking my posts or quotes doesn't mean you have to go out of your way and stay off topic.

Discuss relegation.

Oh ok, sorry dad.  Well this guy on a villa fan website discussing ‘relegation’ thinks that if we beat Arsenal and Bmouth lose to Man City with one game to go it’s a negative to our ‘relegation’ avoidance hopes....

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Oh ok, sorry dad.  Well this guy on a villa fan website discussing ‘relegation’ thinks that if we beat Arsenal and Bmouth lose to Man City with one game to go it’s a negative to our ‘relegation’ avoidance hopes....

I'm only assessing an unfortunate scenario.

If Citeh smash Watford with 5-6 goasl or so it should be fine. Because i don't think they'll recover mentally from that.

But remember that final game are only days before the Cup Final. Arsenal are more likely to rest players against Watford.

Edited by villalad21

That may be true but to me it's a better spectacle to watch games that take place and great venues like Elland Road and Villa Park with big and passionate crowds compared to Vitality Stadium.

On TV or in the ground?

Some of the best games I’ve been to and most enjoyable memories I have travelling around, following Villa have been at smaller grounds.  The banter, atmosphere, the game has been phenomenal.  The big grounds can be very soulless and quiet for long periods.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I'm only assessing an unfortunate scenario.

If Citeh smash Watford with 5-6 goasl or so it should be fine. Because i don't think they'll recover mentally from that.

But remember that final game are only days before the Cup Final. Arsenal are more likely to rest players against Watford.

My point is, if there is a negative angle you always take it.  The opposite might be that if lose to us they only have the Bmouth game To prove who should be selected for the FA Cup game and will go all out to prove they should be selected because Arteta does have a number of options and losing to us will be an embarrassment and players will want to prove themselves.

Definitely both.

Only speaking for myself here.

Can I ask...living in San Fran, have you been to many home and away games?  It must be hard because I know when I lived in Sydney for that time I only got to about four games a season in the ground.

33 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we beat Arsenal we are directly contributing to them having nothing to play for in their final game. Against Watford...

Honestly just have to hope that Man City crush them mentally and destroys their GD.

Haha brilliant.

Arsenal would absolutely love to send Deeney and Co down. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My point is, if there is a negative angle you always take it.  The opposite might be that if lose to us they only have the Bmouth game To prove who should be selected for the FA Cup game and will go all out to prove they should be selected because Arteta does have a number of options and losing to us will be an embarrassment and players will want to prove themselves.

Watford!😬

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Now that i look at the table i guess i was wrong this time.

Didn't realize they were so far behind Spurs.

We just have to hope that City crushes them mentally.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1