• El Ghazi
    • Wesley
    • Jota (Trezeguet 59)
    • Kodjia (Wesley 74)
    • Luiz (Hourihane 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Perfomrance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/08/19 at 22:59

We lost so I dont want to pretend it was a good result in any way but some thoughts.,

I think the our back 4 and the coaching staff can feel good about their performance. They looked competitive against (I assume) top 3 opposition. 

We have much more work to do elsewhere on the pitch.

The biggest gap I saw from the Championship to Spurs is the pressing levels. The intensity and power are a massive step up. We need a plan B for top opposition like that. Our normal gameplan of seizing possession is not going to be possible against that kind of quality. Looking forward to the next game where we shall see a team (in theory) more like our level.

Also the BBC still hates us I see. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just watched the second goal again. Jack has so much time to get rid it but that aside there was a ridiculous amount of luck for the way it bounced to Kane. Fair play for the finish though. 

Jota should've just called for the ball....no one was near him within 10 yards so it was the obvious pass. Jack's body and head were just looking at options to his left so he didn't see him.

Shame. A what might've been.

21 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Also the BBC still hates us I see. 

Adrian Durham on talkshite said we will go down because we conceded 3 goals in 15 minutes, said mings played well but also that he isn't good enough for Bournemouth so not goo enough for the prem

Followed it up by saying Sheffield would stay up because of fighting spirit........ 

• Haha 1

Â