Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Firstly, well done to the team for not dropping their heads when that equaliser went in. Getting that third goal showed a lot of resilience.

We certainly needed the last two wins.

It's still not right, and today the game could have gone either way. We rely too much on Daly to produce a moment of brilliance and DvD pulled off a few top saves.

I remain confused. We brought in quality additions (so I thought) but we don't look a patch on the team of last season. Something isn't right.

Still, a win is a win. Onwards.

UTV.

It wasn't a great performance from us, but also it wasn't a bad performance either, we battled hard and deserved the win.

Just need to get back to how we were in the final third, which I'm sure we will do once Hanson, Dali,and Daly get a run in the team together.

Bristol City drawing with Everton put us bottom of the table, but with our win that ended up being a good result for us we now go above Everton.

Next weekend we play Everton at Villa Park, if results go our way we could be just three points from fifth going into the international break

Before that we play Blackburn in the Conti Cup on Wednesday, which I think we might rotate a lot more than we did for the Sheffield United game.

Edited by useless

Our U21s beat Solihull Moors Women's first team 2-0 this afternoon to reach the semi-final of the Birmingham Challenge Cup.

West Brom, Rugby Borough, and Wolves are the other three teams through to the semis.

So we're the only U21 team left in the competition, will be a tough game and good challenge whoever we get in the semi-final

In theory we could play our first team, but we will see this as a valuable opportunity to give our U21s experience against first team opposition

As we've been doing in the earlier rounds, but Wolves, West Brom, and Rugby being third tier and playing their first teams will be tougher

Edited by useless

22 hours ago, useless said:

Our U21s beat Solihull Moors Women's first team 2-0 this afternoon to reach the semi-final of the Birmingham Challenge Cup.

West Brom, Rugby Borough, and Wolves are the other three teams through to the semis.

So we're the only U21 team left in the competition, will be a tough game and good challenge whoever we get in the semi-final

In theory we could play our first team, but we will see this as a valuable opportunity to give our U21s experience against first team opposition

As we've been doing in the earlier rounds, but Wolves, West Brom, and Rugby being third tier and playing their first teams will be tougher

any idea where i could see what the team is?

i've searched and can't find it anywhere

U21 teams aren't published this season for some reason, I can't even find out the goals scorers, official site had an article promoting the fact we were playing Burton in the last round, but haven't mentioned the competition since, only possibility is if Solihull put up a match report on their website, but even if they do they probaby won't name our team.

I did see a video though of them entering the pitch, and from what I could see Martha McPhail lead the team out so must have been captain, others there were Ella Pettit, Ruby-Rae Tucker, Milly Round, Louise Apuusi-Tchassem, Charlotte Lee, Rachel Maltby, I think Tamsin Russell, and a few others I don't recognize.

• Thanks 1

Tomorrow's game against Blackburn has been confirmed as being shown live on VillaTV, in the last League Cup game against Sheffield United we were desperate for a win to boost confidence so played a very strong team, this time we're not so desperate for a win, or rather we need a win but it's not so much about boosting confidence for the WSL campaign, also  Everton who we play at the weekend don't have midweek game, so might also rest a few players so not to give them an advatage.

Edited by useless

Good to see Mullett get her first start, would be nice to see Sallaway and or McPhail make their debut off the bench too, I guess that might depend on whether we find ourselves in a comfortable position or not, with the line up we've put out not expecting this game to be as comfortable as the Sheffield United match, an attack of Lehmann, Salmon and Mullett as good or promising as they are quite different from Salmon, Leon, and Daly with Nobbs supporting them, pretty strong back four though, and Leat never lets us down, and Staniforth should help the young midfield of McLoughlin and Blindkilde, I guess if we need help we can bring on the big hitters off the bench.

Would like to see Blindkilde get a goal, feel like she could do with a confidence boost in that regard, and obviously would be good to see Mullett get her first goal too, she was super prolific for our U21s last season, I think she scored more goals than games played.

3-0 at halftime, good finish from tight angle from Lehmann after good build up play for our second, and then Pacheco with a long distant shot that took a deflection for the third.  McLoughlin once again having a very good game, as are Staniforth and Blindkilde, Mullett's doing well, working hard and linking up well with players around her, Pacheco also playing excellently. The whole team have done well to be fair.

Finished 7-0,  Daly and Lehmann with two goals each, Salmon, Pacheco, and Magill with the others. I thought McCloughlin was exceptional, she moved to right-back for the last twenty or so minutes and played well there too, albeit without having much to do defensively, she got an assist for Lehmann's second, I thought it was between her and Staniforth for player of the match, but in a 7-0 win will probably go to an attacking player.

Great win, hopefully will do us some more good going into the Everton game

Eight goals already for Daly this season in all competitions, five in the league cup, she only played first half against Sheffield United and the ast thirty minutes today, so five goals in less than one game's worth of fotball

Â