Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Another half to go but, yet again, the masters of our own downfall so far and, yet again, surrendering a lead.

Two really sloppy goals to give away. Poor to be out jumped like that. But I think we've given away sloppy goals all season so far.

We look decent going forward, but need to score two now.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Villanbee
Grammar

First goal was ridiculous give away from us, was easier to keep possession in that situation than give it away, not sure what Corsie was thinking, she hasn't looked sure in possession all game, which is unusual for her, second goal I didn't see as stream went funny in that moment, but halftime whistle should have been blown thirty seconds earlier, I've no idea why the referee kept the half going on for that long, there had been no stoppages in injury time, sometimes you watch games and a team will be on the attack towards the end of the half, and it will be as if the referee is scared to blow the whistle until the attack is over, and that's what it looked like with Spurs second goal, if times up just blow the whistle, I see it happen in mens football as well.

A shame as we had played quite well, the ball just not quite dropping for us in the final third, we've looked vulnerable to Spurs hitting us on the break, but overall we've been the better team, need to get some service in to Daly, who's playing well, but we aren't creating any chances for her.

It's been an utterly disastrous start to the season, everything that can go wrong has gone wrong, not just results, but the draw of the fixtures, the order of the fixtures, the fact that we now an international break and then it's Chelsea, so you're looking at well into November before we have any realistic chance of picking up our first points. Everything has conspired against us so ridiculously to border on the suspicious.

Only positives are Dali and Hanson to come back who will make a massive difference, and the fixtures after Chelsea get much easier, so I still think we can go on a run before Christmas.

We can't moan about fixtures. All teams have to be played. We have played two teams who we finished above last season and have been beaten by both.

We've been poor all season so far. Sloppy at the back and lacking cohesion up front. That attack by Parker says it all. A simple through ball to Rachel Daly and instead she goes alone.

Every team we've played this year seems better coached than us. The way Spurs have cut through us at will today is worrying. They've all improved. We've gone backwards.

Playing 4 centre halves but leaving one of the leagues best full backs on the bench. Is Pacheco not fully fit? Otherwise it's baffling.

• Like 2

The 4 CB thing is very odd. Don’t understand that especially as our fullbacks are both very good. 

Doesn’t get much more deflating than this after the hype and positivity around Villa in pre season. 

Sorry but Ward is not fit for managing at this level really. On paper we've built a decent team now, absolutely no way we should be getting a pasting from **** Spurs at home.

Edited by est1874

Of course we can moan about fixtures, playing the top teams one after the other is a bit different to playing them spread out across the season, and it's a lot more difficult to play Spurs and Liverpool inbetween those other three games when confidence won't be what it normally would be.

As for Carla Ward there's no way whatosever she will be sacked, the club won't even be thinking about, so save yourselves any interest in that question.

Trying to be positive and looking forward, the international break might give us a chance to regroup, and maybe a few home truths said, Hanson has completed her suspension now, Dali is fit again, we've got Chelsea next, there won't be a lot of pressure on that, just at least put in a good performance and take that into the less difficult games to come, and then maybe we can go on a run.

I still think we can have a good season, top six, and hopefully do well in a Cup.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Of course we can moan about fixtures, playing the top teams one after the other is a bit different to playing them spread out across the season, and it's a lot more difficult to play Spurs and Liverpool inbetween those other three games when confidence won't be what it normally would be.

As for Carla Ward there's no way whatosever she will be sacked, the club won't even be thinking about, so save yourselves any interest in that question.

Trying to be positive and looking forward, the international break might give us a chance to regroup, and maybe a few home truths said, Hanson has completed her suspension now, Dali is fit again, we've got Chelsea next, there won't be a lot of pressure on that, just at least put in a good performance and take that into the less difficult games to come, and then maybe we can go on a run.

I still think we can have a good season, top six, and hopefully do well in a Cup.

Nonsense I'm afraid. We're second from bottom on zero points after 4 games, could be bottom by the time the weekend is done, and if we fail to get anything from Chelsea we almost certainly will be. Of course there's pressure on that game. There's pressure on every game now, as there should be. It doesn't matter who it is.

We're Aston Villa, we shouldn't treat the women's team differently in terms of standards, they should categorically not be pointless at this stage of the season. If we're still on 0 after Chelsea, Ward absolutely has to go.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Sorry but Ward is not fit for managing at this level really. On paper we've built a decent team now, absolutely no way we should be getting a pasting from **** Spurs at home.

Yet she got us 5th last yr, but sure not fit for this level 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by mikeyp102

Â