Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

15 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Tbf I think it's probably a red, can't really end up with your studs that high in an opponent. The ref has definitely missed a few things though!

Probably a red for us yes but the one on our player in the face looked worse and that was even given as a foul

• Like 1

Well at least some things are consistent no matter where you play, ref bias to man u all game, hoe le tissues was still on the pitch by the end I don't know. Dont see how Hansons high boot was any different to the mings incident a little while ago

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Probably a red for us yes but the one on our player in the face looked worse and that was even given as a foul

Yep that was definitely a foul and a card. Also a potential penalty turned down.

1 minute ago, Icarium said:

Well at least some things are consistent no matter where you play, ref bias to man u all game, hoe le tissues was still on the pitch by the end I don't know. Dont see how Hansons high boot was any different to the mings incident a little while ago

To be fair Mings should have gone too 😂

• Like 1

It was absolutely a red card tbh (and a very daft one to give away) and wasn't convinced at all that the Daly incident was a penalty. Ref has been bad but losing that was 100% on us.

On the bright side, we gave the side that was 3 points away from breaking Chelsea's WSL winning streak a great game, arguably better than them at stages (United's only option until the red was Geyce running at us and didn't create much of note imo) even without our two best midfielders. Parker looked very good, especially in possession.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

Not too disheartened by that, Man United are going to challenge for the title and a big gap between them and us as there is between them all teams outside the 'top four', so was always going to be a very difficult game, they will win a few games by big margins this season, and if we had a bad game that could have easily happened to us. Obviously a shame that we lost it so late, but I think we can take positives from the fact we ran them so close, whilst three of our starters weren't available, and played a big chunk of the game with ten players, we've come a long way in a short amount of time since we routinely lost these games by five goals or more.

Liverpool looking like they're going to beat Arsenal, not ideal them being given a confidence boost like that before they play us, was going to be a difficult enough game as it is as they're very good at home.

Having to play three top four sides, Liverpool away and Spurs in first five is ridiculous, in theory Spurs should be the easiest game, but they changed manager in the summer and signed some players, so are a bit of an unknown, will be interesting to see how they get on against Chelsea later on, obviously can't read anything into a defeat, but if they do lose then the manner in which they do so might tell us something.

Either way I think Liverpool and Spurs games are going to be key as they're our best chance of points until we play Bristol City on the 12th of next month

The one thing about the difficult start is that once it's over with, we will then have a run of some very winnable games, Bristol City, West Ham, Everton, Man City, and Brighton before the international break, and mixed in with that some Conti Cup games against Championship oppostion, so we should be able to put together some good form during that period. Hopefully we can pick up a few results before then as well.

We were unlucky to lose, but I was disappointed we didn't manage the game better when we took the late lead. Could we have brought on Pacheco for the last 10 minutes?  I don't know. Have to trust the manager.

But Leon looks very lively. An upgrade on Lehmann. Bring Dali and/or Nobbs in and we can go toe to toe with anyone. Dali, Staniforth and Nobbs were our engine room last season. Taking two of them out was always going to be tough.

I'll reserve judgement on the penalty shout until I've seen the BBC coverage, but from the lower Holte we were astounded it wasn't given.

The sending off, even though we scored after, was the defining moment. You just can't go in with studs up. It cost us the game.

The gap between us and the top four is not the gap it is made out to be. Today, we gave a top two team a real run for their money. With 11 players, we get a result from that.  There's a lot more to come from this team. We absolutely should not be aiming for consolidation as best of the rest at the end of the season.

Took our girls down today, I thought we were unlucky not to come away with a draw. We should have done a lot better for the equaliser. Leon and Salmon look like they are going to be important for us this season.

Disappointing to see we only had one ball, at one point Alex Scott had to go and fetch it out of the North Stand looked really amatuer throughout the game with players jumping the hoarding to fetch the ball.

Another highlight was a woman was ejected for her language, she was protesting her innocence then as she was leaving told the grass to **** off and gave everyone the finger. Embarrassing as she had her young daughter in tow.

• Like 1

Â