Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

This is pretty neat.

I vaguely remember an article they wrote from a year or so back where they were very optimistic about the Daly and Dali signings, so that bodes well.

EDIT: Found the article: https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2022/09/08/the-wsls-trend-of-signing-forwards-can-it-help-smaller-teams-prosper/

No one needed a striker more than Aston Villa. Carla Ward’s team scored fewer goals than any other side in the WSL last season, managing just 13 in 22 games. Yet it is Villa who have perhaps pulled off the biggest coup of any of these teams, paying an undisclosed fee to the Houston Dash for Rachel Daly. 

What is undeniable about Daly is that she is an extraordinarily well-rounded player. At 30, she comes to Villa incredibly experienced and, while clearly not necessarily a long term option, there is no doubt that she will score goals this season. Daly is a strong finisher: TransferLab puts her in the 94th percentile when compared to other NWSL strikers. But she is also good in the air and at receiving passes, and has the inherent versatility and tactical intelligence of someone used to playing in a wide array of positions. With Villa also signing French international Kenza Dali from Everton, there will certainly be some high quality attacking play for Daly to latch on to. Her return to English league football could be an eye-catching one.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 2

Laura Blindkilde, and Freya Gregory (U23s), Georgia Mullett (U19s), Rachel Maltby, and Lakeisha Phipps (U17s) all got England call-ups today. Lucy Staniforth, Rachel Daly, and Jordan Nobbs were called up to the seniors yesterday.

• Like 1

Not particularly Villa related (at the moment), but might be something to keep an eye on given the possibility of the WSL getting a few more European spots down the line .

I recall that the ECA were exploring the possibility of a Europa League equivalent a few years back, although that was in 2021 and there's been radio silence since. Could be something that'll be revisited, as it seems like a natural evolution given the growth of the game.

Ms Lehmann causing a stir with a raunchy calendar (if the cover is anything to go by).

£50 quid a pop though and £150 for the “special “ version (whatever that means).

The club obviously missed a trick there 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Ms Lehmann causing a stir with a raunchy calendar (if the cover is anything to go by).

£50 quid a pop though and £150 for the “special “ version (whatever that means).

So how are you going to explain to your other half where the £150 has gone 

42 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

So how are you going to explain to your other half where the £150 has gone 

I don’t have to, I’m getting a Christina Hendricks calendar instead 😍😜

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

She is extremely covered up for a 'sexy' calendar.

She shows a little midriff in June and legs below the knee in March, but the rest is all covered up. She looks hot though as usual, but any thirsty guys buying her calendar for sexiness would be very disappointed.

Just now, ender4 said:

She is extremely covered up for a 'sexy' calendar.

She shows a little midriff in June and legs below the knee in March, but the rest is all covered up. She looks hot though as usual, but any thirsty guys buying her calendar for sexiness would be very disappointed.

Blimey sounds positively Amish 😂

• Haha 1

Didn't Lehmann say she wanted to be known for her football and not her looks?

I'm not blaming her, make as much money as you can, but at least be honest about it! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Didn't Lehmann say she wanted to be known for her football and not her looks?

I'm not blaming her, make as much money as you can, but at least be honest about it! 

I think she more wants to be recognised as top footballer who is hot, rather than being really hot and a top footballer.

I think she is pretty open to what she's doing, just like Paige Spirinac et al

Â