Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Not sure how old Ella Bryan is but I think she was still playing for our U16s and U21s last season - there's no U18 team, most of our U21s are U18 anyway; FA have removed the data now from website so can't go back and check for sure, point is I think she's still really young, so whilst Boldmere a relatively low level, for her young age she's done well to get that kind of loan move, was training with first team towards the end of last season so club rates her.

3 hours ago, useless said:

Great signing for the Mikes. Slightly annoying as a sponsor our logo isn’t on that shirt 😡

Edited by jim

On 24/08/2023 at 22:40, useless said:

Chantelle Boye-Hlorkah, Natasha Harding, and Emily Gielnik are yet to find new teams or if they have it hasn't been announced yet.

Boye-Hlorkah has followed Littlejohn to London City, quite the interesting team they're putting together.

Looking on London City Lionesses website they've signed a new teams worth of players that by Championship standards should make them a very strong challengers for promotion. There's a big gap in quality bewteen WSL and Championship, so Littlejohn Boye-Hlorkah should be top players at that level.

Playing Villarreal today, 6pm kick-off British time, Daly and Nobbs not involved yet, all the other World Cup players back with the squad, not sure what's going on with Blindkilde but haven't seen her in any of the training  photos/videos for a while now and doesnt' look like she's in Spain, if she's injured hopefully it's not too serious.

Finished 3-3, Sarah Mayling with our third goal.

We were without Daly, Dali, Nobbs, and Blindkilde, so good to see we can still score without those players on the pitch, Hanson started on the bench as well, during which time we scored at least two of our goals.

Nice to see Mullett get on scoresheet, still only seventeen, but has been named as part of the first team squad for next season, scored a load of goals for the U21s last season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I see Lehmann has committed to three more years at Villa ... that seems good.  She's a good and strong forward -- and probably hasn't hit her peak yet.  I think she's the most well-known Aston Villa player in the world at the moment.

spacer.png

She's the most followed womens footballer on Instagram by far and the most followed Swiss athlete - for context she has more followers than Roger Federer, more than Martinez, I think the only villa player with more is Coutinho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

She's the most followed womens footballer on Instagram by far and the most followed Swiss athlete - for context she has more followers than Roger Federer, more than Martinez, I think the only villa player with more is Coutinho

That's amazing. Not to sound too corporate gobbledygooky, but what a great brand ambassador for a Villa that want to crash the top of the table in people's minds, too.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

On 02/09/2023 at 22:49, Marka Ragnos said:

That's amazing. Not to sound too corporate gobbledygooky, but what a great brand ambassador for a Villa that want to crash the top of the table in people's minds, too.

Yeah, shame it ain't for her footballing skills. I wouldn't be using her Instagram to back up being a brand ambassador.

Lehmann got a contract because she's a good player and worthy of a place in our squad, I don't think her instagram followers or whatever plays much into the club's thinking, we hardly ever use her for promotional purposes, Rachel Daly is the main one for that, and they also probably use Mayling and Pacheco more than they do Lehmann, and also the younger players like Blindkilde, Gregory, and McLoughlin.

Truth be told I don't think the amount of instagram followers she has has much effect at all on anything to do with us, having 'Lionesses' in the squad, the team doing well, and the mens' team doing well, is what mostly feeds into more attention and support for the women's team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â