Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Be a shame to lose Hampton as she seemed to have a good relationship with the male teams goalkeeping department, which is something I was hoping we would continue to strengthen. I'm sure it's not all down to her though. 

She seems a good character so ideally she'll decide to stay but if not I hope she goes to Chelsea and start games instead of disappearing. 

I'd also be disappointed if she goes for the money. There's little money in the game anyway so I hope we're not losing our good players after a good season to the teams above us to sit on their bench. I guess it's similar in the men's game but it's rubbish the idea they'll get more to be a bench player for teams 1st to 4th than if they're a key player for a team in 5th

She's already turned down a new contract with us, so unless she has a change of mind she will be leaving, no idea if it's anything to do with money, might just be that she wants a change of scenery as although resolved now, seemingly had a few issues last season, I think for first team players we probably offer competitive salaries, that's how we're able to sign some the players we have done in recent windows, I wouldn't expect the likes of Dali and Daly to leave for example, and have now come around to thinking we might have a chance of signing Hanson as well which won't be cheap, and will add others too, looks like we're going to lose Hampton but overall we should have a stronger playing squad next season.

In women's football clubs losing their best players is normal, not just teams like us, but the teams above us as well, Chelsea, Man Utd, and Arsnenal have already lost a few this summer, but I'm sure like us with Hampton they will replace them with other good players.

Guardian women's football writer saying we've had new keeper replacement lined up for months,presumably rules out Janina Leitzig as I don't think Man Utd and Leicester would be trying to sign her if she had already agreed to sign for us. I guess we will announce whoever it is after Hampton's contract expires. Carla Ward did say we have a few deals already agreed, and a few more that just need pushing over the line.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Guardian women's football writer saying we've had new keeper replacement lined up for months,presumably rules out Janina Leitzig as I don't think Man Utd and Leicester would be trying to sign her if she had already agreed to sign for us. I guess we will announce whoever it is after Hampton's contract expires. Carla Ward did say we have a few deals already agreed, and a few more that just need pushing over the line.

hopefully patten and hanson

• Like 1

At least we can announce Hampton replacement now if we want.

We're not the only ones losing one of our best players, Man Utd losing Russo to Arsenal, Chelsea have lost a couple to Bayern Munich, I think it's just the way it is in women's game, players move around much more freely, even the best ones at the better clubs, just have to make sure to replace them with players just as good or better.

Of the out of contract players just Lehmann and Meaghan Sargeant's futures to be announced now.

4 hours ago, villaajax said:

I managed to get three signatures on a shirt in the few games I went to this season.

Rabjohn, Hampton and Pacheco. Can we please chain Pacheco down?! 😅

Calm down son!

• Like 1

Impressive that she has six years first team experience already and still only 23. Played 12 times in the Champions League over the last three seasons as well. Seems to have excellent pedigree but with the potential to grow. Looks a really good solid signing.

• Like 1

Her first trainer at FC Twente, Tommy Stroot, called her a “pure natural talent”. After the UEFA Women's Euro 2022 championship, various foreign clubs were interested in Van Domselaar, but she decided to stay with FC Twente for the 2022/23 season. At the end of 2022, she was the only Eredivisie player included in The Guardian's annual list of the 100 best female football players in the world.

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

Twente conceded a grand total of 6 goals in 20 games last season (and somehow still didn't win the league, despite also scoring 81 goals in those 20 games). Dominant.

*Twente conceded a grand total of 6 goals in Twente games.

• Haha 4

This is a statement signing if you ask me. I know Netherlands didn't have a great Euro 2022 but I think van Domeslaar was our stand out player. Hampton is a brilliant goalkeeper and I wasn't sure how we'd replace her. This is how!

This is a fantastic signing.

Unless we hear differently, we shouldn't just assume that Hannah decided she was going to leave so we had to look for a replacement.

What I wonder is whether this signing was the catalyst for Hannah deciding to move on or whether Hannah decided to move on and that prompted this signing?

Sitting on our bench would be no good for Hannah and her England prospects. It's been stated elsewhere that should she sign for Chelsea as expected, it's likely she'll be loaned out.

Carla seemed very excited in a recent interview about incoming signings. I have a suspicion that this isn't going to be the only one!

What a great time to support this wonderful club.

Â