Kevin Phillips

villafan306

How do you feel about the signing of Phillips?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the signing of Phillips?

• Excellent - he is top quality and will take us to the next level
    • Great - goal machine but a little old
    • Good - solid player to get 10+ goals for us
    • Okay - will be good coming off the bench but that's all
    • Bad - overpriced and lucky if he starts a game
    • Disgusting - Not going back to Villa Park till there are some BIG changes

hhhmmmm, I can't choose any of those because I am in between 'great' and 'good. I think he is a decent signing, will score goals, will help Luke improve and of course will give the other strikers a kick up the bum!

for £1m, for experience and for the goals he will get how can it be wrong? If any other team had signed him they would be thinking it was a bargain!

I voted GOOD.

I'm finding it difficult to believe some of the negative posts regarding Phillips. We were EXTREMELY lightweight up front last year, and what he gives us is another option. He has got to be a better bet than that bloody carthorse we had on loan from Chelsea.

If we can now add another striker, we will have a complement of five which I believe is what a successful club needs. My personal choice would be Robbie Keane, and definitely not that arrogant Welsh tosser we have been chasing.

SteelCityVillain, Keane would be a brilliant signing but I doubt we'd get him. Celtic are allegedly interested in him (from Strachan's days @ Coventry) and he is a Celtic fan. Plus we've now just signed a striker making it less likely that we'll sign another one. Not impossible, just less likely.

SteelCityVillain, Keane would be a brilliant signing but I doubt we'd get him. Celtic are allegedly interested in him (from Strachan's days @ Coventry) and he is a Celtic fan. Plus we've now just signed a striker making it less likely that we'll sign another one. Not impossible, just less likely.

BOF, aren't Celtic skint though? If they can't afford Be****y then they can't afford Keane.

I voted GOOD. I was a big fan of his at Sunderland and he did score some quality goals. Lets hope that a) he bags a few for us and B) we get one more striker in addition.

only villa could sell Crouch and then buy the player that he kept out the team most of the season !!

his strike rate is quite good and as a back up signing i guess he wouldn't be too bad though i would prefer we gave Luke a chance to shine through instead of knocking his career back another year . ..sadly i think he's been brought as a 1st choice player

I'm gonna nickname him "Lucky" though cause it appears he's been relegated 3 times with his last 3 teams

I think dicant(sp). signing always scores around 10+ goals a season and maybe with a good season from ANgel good push us that little bit furthur up, on negative though his age but the price seems right.

Like SteelCity said I cannot believe the negativity towards Phillips that some have said. OK he might not be Michael Owen but experience, especially upfront, was something we were missing last year AND he will give Luke a lot of really good experience.

There is still time for us to go after Keane, Bellamy, whoever the feck we want in fact.

The negative posts on here over the past few weeks concerning the 4 guys we've got in are really out of order at times - these guys but be thinking "Welcome to Aston Villa" !!!

Hey I am as guilty for negative posts at times but this is getting beyond a joke - look on the plus side: How much business have we done since HDE has been ill??? Bloody loads now that has to be something to smile about?? If DO'L has them on his list then the board must go and get him (or try their damdest) and that is what look like is finally happening :)

We know Phillips isn't going to be our starting striker every week but he is the kind of back-up we have been looking for - ask yourself who would you rather have Cole or Phillips??????

UP THE VILLA !

I voted good. A very good signing as far as the squad goes, If we bring in another striker with decent pedigree (keane, bellemy etc.) i may even be tempted to call it an excelent signing. If we can get 2-3 decent years out of him (ala merson, dublin) then i'll be very happy.

I just hope that he is a squad filler and not one of the "quality" signings DOL was harping on about oh so many moons ago.

I think its a decent signing.

Let face fact, we arnt gonna attract any top strikers or will we ever splash out £10 mil on a striker so I think the experience of KP will do us well.

Angel, Vassell, Phillips, Moore - not a bad strike force me thinks, could be better but not bad at all.

Still think we need some flair and creativityb in the midfeild area though

Â