Kevin Phillips

villafan306

How do you feel about the signing of Phillips?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the signing of Phillips?

• Excellent - he is top quality and will take us to the next level
    • Great - goal machine but a little old
    • Good - solid player to get 10+ goals for us
    • Okay - will be good coming off the bench but that's all
    • Bad - overpriced and lucky if he starts a game
    • Disgusting - Not going back to Villa Park till there are some BIG changes

only villa could sell Crouch and then buy the player that he kept out the team most of the season !!

his strike rate is quite good and as a back up signing i guess he wouldn't be too bad though i would prefer we gave Luke a chance to shine through instead of knocking his career back another year . ..sadly i think he's been brought as a 1st choice player

I'm gonna nickname him "Lucky" though cause it appears he's been relegated 3 times with his last 3 teams

Wrong - they largely played together (fnarr fnarr) until Phillips got injured towards the end of the season and they had Camara replace him.

I like the disgusting option - 3 people voted for that :lol:

I cant actually see Villa signing one single player for more than £3 this year, how sad is that!!! Reminds of when the turnip was here, bringing in players lacking in quality.

You mean Graham Taylor - the guy that perhaps was the Saviour of AVFC in the late '80s and is one of the reasons that you are watching YOUR club in the Premiership.

None of us can argue that his second tenure was a mistake ( and we know who to blame for that), but have some respect - he always talks the Villa up and considers himself a Villa Man.

:roll:

Hang on - we have signed a proven Premiership player who scored 10 goals for a relegated team last season and missed several matches through injury. He cost us £1m - peanuts.

He will be third choice striker after DV and JPA. We need goalscorers. You cannot make players join us - we are not attractive in that we are not in Europe or play in London.

You also want Luke Moore to advance. He now knows that he has a good chance of a regular game in a few years if he proves good enough - which he hasnt to me yet.

We have a crop of young players but very few in their thirties. We need experience. Philips is a natural goal scorer and I wouldnt be surprised if he did not finish leading goal scorer next year.

Yeah, a short-term move but a sensible one in my opinion.

Philips for £1m or Bellamy/Beattie for £6m. I would go with the former anyday.

Phillips will probably do us a world of good. He has talent, experience, ability and seems like a great pro. But when we have been practically told, "We will show YOU the money", or substantial funds etc. Then we expect some signings according to that.

DOL have earlier drooled at players, hear this.., WITH A PRICE TAG.

This isnt DOLs list and you all now it.

Ok, so he's no ronaldo, but he will score and we'll get two years out of him. Until we qualify for europe this is the kind of player that will join. No big signing will come to a team outside europe but it's difficult to qualify without buying quality. The solution is to buy proven players (which we have done) that may not put bums on seats but could sneak us a spot in the UEFA, then we can splash the cash.

Good bizz by any accounts. Now here is a question, how old was sheringham when he played for Man U and scored a lot of goals???, I seam to remeber him being over 30 - he is 39 now so that should fit. It all depends on the fitness of the player and the shape he has kept himself in. I would actually not be to surpriced if he was to discover his old form, now he is back in a decent team.

Â