The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

6 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Hmmn?

You're clearly being deliberately obtuse. 

They're choosing not to do their job as a journalist by just allowing clear and obvious bullshit to be broadcast without challenging it. 

I'm not sure why your being deliberately obstinate on this. You're just dancing around the same points. 

• Like 1

Rishi Sunak distancing the government from the mess they caused then.

How does he suggest they do that? They’ve leaned on the BBC to make a bad decision that’s blown up in their face.

Yeah I don’t watch much tv and I certainly don’t watch much tv football.

I did watch the **** out of the World Cup as I was stuck home due to a health thing.

Watched it with the sound off, or non-english language to not be distracted by the inane waffle.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Cop out answer

If I were simply documenting somebody's answer to a question ... no. I would credit (perhaps quite unjustly) people's intelligence to work out what's going on. If I were in a combative frame of mind, I would not let things go. I would be very careful about editing people's replies.

Just now, fruitvilla said:

If I were simply documenting somebody's answer to a question ... no. I would credit (perhaps quite unjustly) people's intelligence to work out what's going on. If I were in a combative frame of mind, I would not let things go. I would be very careful about editing people's replies.

You do know they probably spoke for an hour or two and made a 30 minute programme out of it?

How would you achieve anything without editing?

When they show those sound bites from the house of commons, do you think that’s it, that’s everything that was said? 

Just now, fruitvilla said:

I am not sure why you are making this personal.

Because you are the one arguing a strange point of view with multiple posters and rebutting every logical proposition they've put to you. 

Just now, chrisp65 said:

You do know they probably spoke for an hour or two and made a 30 minute programme out of it?

How would you achieve anything without editing?

When they show those sound bites from the house of commons, do you think that’s it, that’s everything that was said? 

I live in BC ... don't get much Radio 4 here. 

4 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I'd say very unjustly.  People form opinions on things by listening to reputable programs (amongst other things) because they wouldn't deliberately misinform.  If... lets say "untruths" are allowed to just be peddled, then people are being deliberately misinformed.

Opinions are fine, but facts need to be accurate.  You wouldn't and shouldn't expect everyone to know everything, or to research every detail in a broadcast.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

and rebutting every logical proposition they've put to you. 

They may well be logical but I am debating the underlying axioms. 

I  don't see the reason for being personal when someone disagrees.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Can we not legitimise what the BBC have done by saying how much more enjoyable MoTD was?

I mean even if that’s entirely true, let’s not give them the opportunity to congratulate themselves.

For me, it was less enjoyable.  Far less enjoyable to be honest.

No commentary is weird and having no analysis of major incidents was very odd.

That said, I find people's apparent severe dislike of pundits really, really odd too.

• Like 3

Just now, bobzy said:

For me, it was less enjoyable.  Far less enjoyable to be honest.

No commentary is weird and having no analysis of major incidents was very odd.

That said, I find people's apparent severe dislike of pundits really, really odd too.

I haven’t seen it yet, though I strongly suspect I won’t prefer it / enjoy it more.

Most pundits are shite these days, but there’s still something comforting about hearing Shearer chatting shit about Brentford on a saturday night.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

They may well be logical but I am debating the underlying axioms. 

I  don't see the reason for being personal when someone disagrees.

As I said I'm trying to understand your motivation.  Not sure how to do that without talking about you. 

I'll ask a question. Straight up, do you think Lineker has done something wrong here? 

4 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Somethings work ... others don't at least for me.

So given everything we’ve discussed, would you choose to deliberately broadcast a false statement by a politician that you knew not to be true, without letting the audience know it was untrue?

Then, would you follow that same principle if the politician was from a party you haven’t been an active member of?

Edited by chrisp65

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'll ask a question. Straight up, do you think Lineker has done something wrong here? 

2 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

I am not unhappy about it [the tweet] one bit. I even tend to agree with it. If the government is putting pressure on the BBC I would be unhappy about that. The point I am trying to make is I can put myself in BBC's position.

Earlier I also said I don't particularly believe in right and wrong as in good and bad.

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

would you choose to deliberately broadcast a false statement by a politician that you knew not to be true, without letting the audience know it was untrue

32 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

If I were simply documenting somebody's answer to a question ... no [I would not edit]. I would credit (perhaps quite unjustly) people's intelligence to work out what's going on. If I were in a combative frame of mind, I would not let things go. I would be very careful about editing people's replies.

Â