Justice for the 21 - Birmingham Pub Bombings applause

wedge

Today marks the 44th anniversary of the IRA Birmingham Pub Bombings. On the 21st November 1974 two bombs exploded in the Mulberry Bush and the Tavern in the Town public houses in Birmingham City Centre. The families and friends of the 21 innocent people who lost their lives that dreadful night are still fighting for justice as those responsible for these awful crimes have never been brought to justice, can we ask all supporters inside Villa Park on Sunday to put rivalry aside in the 21st minute and show that Birmingham as a city, whether claret and blue or blue and white, can unite for this cause with a minute's applause. Whilst nothing has yet been announced officially by the club, the AVST (Aston Villa Supporters' Trust) today via their Facebook page called for a minute's applause on minute 21 to show our support.

Many thanks and Up the Villa.

Edited by wedge
  • Like 4

Sorry for late reply.

I say R.I.P to those lost but never forgotten, taken to early in life, it was 6 years before I was born but my respects are still for the family's and lost ones..

Edited by Dave-R

6 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Sky apparently totally ignored that this was happening. It's disgraceful how little the media give time to this. 

I think the commentator was too busy trying to shoehorn the fact that Jack Grealish lives in Solihull into some more sentences.

3 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Sky apparently totally ignored that this was happening. It's disgraceful how little the media give time to this. 

It was pretty poorly promoted - what makes you think that Sky even knew about it?

Â