Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Nobody should be calling for Smiths head. If they are I personally think it’s ridiculous. 

Questioning whether this job is too big for him. I think that’s fair. 

But let’s give the guy some time to at least bring his players in.  Look at Norwich as an example of a team that could have easily got rid of their manager after a poor start. They stuck with him and are now having a great season. 

We have to keep faith.  This season is a right off though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Its no good panicking.....and its no good changing managers, every time of a collapse.

but today has gone a long way to dispelling the notion that problems against Leeds is the quality of the opposition....top half v bottom half.....its our players, not the opposition.

We have clear and present danger, with some of our players.....we need to deal with it, sooner rather than later.

I still see no fight in our lot.

Actually I look to Watford and Leeds who seem to change managers every few months until they get it right. They seem to do better by making a change when things go wrong - rather than hoping the current incumbent comes good.

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

If the job was too big we would have seen him crank up under pressure, making irrational decisions. Except today's substitutions I cant fault him for any of the decisions.

His subs against swansea were game changing in a negative way aswell. Taking off the link man O'Hare.

and his subs against Leeds were the same took off Kodjia who was occupying their LB.

against PReston they were like for like wingers for wingers had no impact at all.

Where I work we would be calling him press and guess.

Just now, hippo said:

Actually I look to Watford and Leeds who seem to change managers every few months until they get it right. They seem to do better by making a change when things go wrong - rather than hoping the current incumbent comes good.

Do you want him sacked now? 

I don't think it's a right off. I think we can make the playoffs. But anyone saying the problem isn't losing Grealish is having a laugh. We've looked shit since he's gone and when you look at our midfield options it's not surprising. McGinn tried his best today but the others are non entities and they have mostly always been that way. 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

Just now, praisedmambo said:

I don't think it's a right off. I think we can. Make the playoffs. But anyone saying the problem isn't losing Grealish is having a laugh. We've looked shit since he's gone and when you look at our midfield options it's not surprising. McGinn tried his best today but the others are non entities and they have mostly always been that way. 

It’s true. We are nothing without Grealish under any manager. We were sitting in a similar position last season until Grealush returned.  

I feel for Dean Smith, in as much as I don't think he has the type of players he needs, to change the game.

All too samey.

He changes faces to tick a box....but off comes one and the same type comes on.

The squad lacks variety and complimentary values.

We can’t just blame losing Grealish. For one we can’t be that easily breakable. I’m behind Smith, he needs to be given time but there’s definitely something going on. We looked very poor today and far too many players looking completely uninterested. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

All you've done is picked two teams when it's worked one time. You've ignored those teams when it hasn't, you've ignored the failures and you've ignored the teams when it's worked by sticking with a manager. No way on earth we need to be replacing the manager. Our team was shit before he came...we all agreed and it's still shit. Bar a few players. The best of which we're missing in two senses of the word (had some beers...basically we're obviously not the same without Jack) and another was one of our best defenders.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

HaHa yeah , your right...with them.

but Leeds have taken years to get round to it and so did Wolves actually.

Edited by TRO

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you want him sacked now? 

I am perhaps not the best person to ask, as I was never convinced by appointment in the first place. 

What I fear is we give him the benefit of the doubt over the summer - give him the cash from the Grealish sale - then find out early next season, actually he isn't the man for us - and begin another manager hunt after the season has started.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I don't think it's a right off. I think we can. Make the playoffs. But anyone saying the problem isn't losing Grealish is having a laugh. We've looked shit since he's gone and when you look at our midfield options it's not surprising. McGinn tried his best today but the others are non entities and they have mostly always been that way. 

That doesn't bode well for next season then

31 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A midfield five of Bree, Mcginn, Hourihane, Bjarnason and Hutton?

Or the full cavalier El Ghazi, McGinn, Hourihane, Bjarnason and Bolasie?

New LB and Bree, barney (maybe replace with a better version) and mcginn as the midfield engine room, lansbury in front and then one of davis/kodja/hogan to partner Tammy.

If we are losing then hit the red button and go full throttle cavalier, swapping lansbury in for hourihane!

6 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I think Axel too, has been a bigger miss than we think.

both had presence and a will to win too.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

That doesn't bode well for next season then

Love your logic. Presumably the manager would get a chance to buy his own players. If we're **** by ffp as we seem to have been for ages then maybe we need to reign in the expectation. Any new manager isn't going to magically give us a great squad. 

Â