UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Something a bit gay about watching barely dressed men embrace eachother on the floor.

Each viewer draws his own connotations to the events he's watching. I, and many others, am interested in the efficiency and magnitude of damage inflicted by each fighter in order to win a fight so the connotations I take are with war and primitive, animalistic fighting instincts.

But if all you can think of is one bloke ramming his cock up another man's arse when you're watching a full contact professional fight then be my guest (just hopefully not my house guest :D).

PS - Velasquez improves again. He's really getting some momentum going, I can't really see how he can be beaten. The new superhulk Mir's Jiu Jitsu seems like the only weapon that could trouble him.

• 2 weeks later...

He would take such a pounding off anyone who didn't box with him.

My favourite part:

Dana - "You know how to check kicks? You know how to do all that?"

Toney - "I can do all that. Front kicks, back kicks, all that... side check kicks."

Dana - "Errm..."

Bwahahaha :crylaugh:

I hope he signs him on a 2 fight deal, small fee to show with a massive win bonus and put him against Roy Nelson twice just to take the piss.

UFC signed him now. Multi-fight contract as well. :shock:

Couture wants the first crack at him. He won't get it though.

I reckon he'll fight Kimbo on a PPV card to eek out money from both of their fanboy followings and then the winner will supposedly have gained some credit. I don't really know how much of a PPV draw he is, but I doubt Dana would sign him if he wasn't profitable.

I wish they'd just put him against Velasquez though. It'd be over in about 20 seconds, it would be horrifying, Toney would look like lasagne and Velasquez would take no damage and could fight again on the next card. Come to think of it I'm not sure any of the athletic commissions in the USA would sanction an MMA bout with Toney against a good opponent. Maybe he'll have to fight in the UK.

WEC this weekend is stacked. War Pulver :)

Intresting to see how Bowles and Torres do in their respective bouts.

Main Card

* Bantamweight Championship bout: Brian Bowles vs. Dominick Cruz

* Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Joseph Benavidez

* Featherweight bout: Jens Pulver vs. Javier Vazquez

* Featherweight bout: Deividas Taurosevicius vs. LC Davis

* Lightweight bout: Bart Palaszewski vs. Karen Darabedyan

Preliminary Card

* Bantamweight bout: Scott Jorgensen vs. Chad George

* Featherweight bout: Chad Mendes vs. Erik Koch

* Lightweight bout: Danny Castillo vs. Anthony Pettis

* Featherweight bout: Leonard Garcia vs. George Roop

* Featherweight bout: Fredson Paixao vs. Courtney Buck

* Lightweight bout: Ricardo Lamas vs. Bendy Casimir

WEC this weekend is stacked. War Pulver :)

Intresting to see how Bowles and Torres do in their respective bouts.

*****SPOILERS

Well. Bad, worst and broken.

So Torres, how's that head doing?

torreshead.jpg

torstich.jpg

:puke:

Bowles broke his hand on the first punch

bowles-hand.jpg

And pulver armbarred :-(

2i238gn.gif

Really looking forward to GSP v Hardy. Hardy is 1 of my favorite fighters in ufc but i really cant see him beating GSP. Hardy is just gonna constantly get taken down i dont know how good his ground game is but obviously its not as good as his stand up. I predict a first round tko for GSP due to ground n pound :(

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone watched last night but in a special Versus debut Bones Jones broke some face in and so did Gypo Dos Santos.

Finally an MMA accumulator went right again! My last WEC one I think I got 1 result out of 5 right. :oops:

Vera got smashed big time. The Jones hype is for real. Exciting fighter to say the least.

The same for Dos Santos but we already knew that.

Shame about Irvin, I like him.

Kongo - Buentello zzzzzzzz

Howards KO of Roberts was a highligt one. Kaboom!

Jon Jones and Junior Dos Santos were very impressive sunday night. We have to see JDS v Valesquez now.

Cant wait for GSP v Hardy and Carwin v Mir on Saturday night. Still undecided on who to be cheering, Dan Hardy as he is english, or GSP, my hero. Im right behind Mir to beat Carwin to set up Mir Lesnar 3.

Arghhhh :(

Thiago Alves pulled from UFC 111 fight card after CAT Scan reveals brain irregularity

Former welterweight number one contender Thiago Alves has been pulled from his March 27 fight against Jon Fitch at UFC 111 after a CAT Scan has revealed an irregularity involving an artery in his brain.

TMZ first reported the unfortunate news earlier today and MMAmania.com has since confirmed the change with sources close to one of the fight camps.

Despite information in the original report the states otherwise, MMAmania.com has learned that UFC officials are currently searching for a replacement on the east coast who is licensed in New Jersey; however, the possibilities are slim due to the timing and strict licensing requirements in the "Garden State."

Still, Fitch has been instructed to maintain his current weight -- though the former collegiate wrestling standout has offered to move up to Middleweight (185-pounds) if it increases the promotion's chances of finding a suitable opponent.

And UFC 111 on saturday. Very nice card! Pity about Alves though.

Come on Hardy, give gsp a run for his money.

My picks

GSP

Mir

Pellegrino

Fitch

Miller

Diaz

Brown

Main Card

* Welterweight Championship bout: Georges St. Pierre vs. Dan Hardy

* Interim Heavyweight Championship bout: Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin

* Lightweight bout: Kurt Pellegrino vs. Fabricio Camoes