UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Chad Mendes made himself look like an absolute mug in that press conference.

Yes, very true. I would have just kept quiet if I was him but to take Conor on with verbals was only going to end one way.

As for UFC191 was a bit disappointed with Lineker vs Rivera - hardly even locked horns;)

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Chad Mendes made himself look like an absolute mug in that press conference.

Yes, very true. I would have just kept quiet if I was him but to take Conor on with verbals was only going to end one way.

As for UFC191 was a bit disappointed with Lineker vs Rivera - hardly even locked horns;)

That was an epic fight... something like 100 shots landed. At least they got the fight of the night bonus as compensation for all their recently deceased braincells.

Fantastic spectacle that fight!

The prelims were the best part of that card for me. 

I know he has got to be considered one of the best p4p fighters in the UFC but boy is Mighty Mouse boring to watch. I dont think it helps that he suffers from the same problems as rousey, that he is so superior to the rest of the division that it's not even a contest.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So last night I actually watched the whole hearing, What can I say, it got interesting!

3 samples were taken. 1 pre fight and 2 post fight. 2 went off to a WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) accredited lab, SMRTL, and the other went off to Quest which isn't WADA accredited. The 2 WADA tests (1 pre and 1 post) came back negative and well below the cut off limit for triggering a positive test and the Quest test came back positive, the latter being the one they chose to ban him on. In both the SMRTL test no banned substances or their metabolites were found but in the Quest sample he was massively above the limits found by SMRTL. Interestingly the first post fight sample by Quest came back 17 times higher than the first pre-fight sample taken by SMRTL.

The 2 post fight tests were taken at different times, the Quest one first and the SMRTL second with an hour and 17 minutes between each one. As the first one came back positive and the second negative the Nevada state commission claimed that Diaz must have rehydrated sufficiently enough between samples to dilute the second sample down thus providing a negative result.

Diaz's lawyers had a doctor who has also had many, many years as medical reviews officer. His job is to actually review urine drug test samples for companies for their drug testing programmes. His view was clear, For Diaz to rehydrate to the point where he could have diluted down his sample for the second test he would have had to drink such a high volume of water that he could have actually risked symptoms ranging from headaches, nausea and incoherent speech patters to severe bodily damage or even death. Diaz's post fight press conference was reviewed by the doctor who said that Diaz was clearly not  suffering from any of these (Diaz is pretty incoherent at the best of times though tbf). Diaz had also not managed to reach his pre-fight hydration levels in his post fight tests which completed destroyed the argument that he had diluted his sample.

The Doctor also suggested that there was no need for a B sample to be tested as essentially it had already been done what with with 3 samples going off to 2 different labs and that the positive sample should be ignored as it fell grossly wide of the mark and was inconsistent with the other results.

The lady at the centre of the outrage, Pat Lundvall was so belligerent throughout. You could clearly hear her say near the beginning "I bet he doesn't show" and then when he did that "Diaz had better testify" to which Diaz's lawyers responded with "He will but he will be pleading the 5th amendment"

She was argumentative throughout, appeared completely unclear as to what the Diaz's lawyers were presenting even though an idiot like me could understand it and had also clearly made her mind up before the evidence was even presented. She asked Diaz questions like "Do you speak English?" and "Do you understand English?" which just seemed like she wanted to embarrass him publicly.

Her recommendation was a lifetime ban and the highest possible financial penalty and it was all clearly down to Diaz's perceived lack of respect for the commission. 

There are bits and pieces i'm sure i've missed out but that is the gist of it.....Sorry for the long post, thought some of you might find it as interesting as I did. Personally I can't see the ban being upheld especially when compared to recent NSAC suspensions. The NSAC are really behind the times, they don't follow WADA rules because "its too expensive" and even admit that the collection methods they use aren't up to scratch.

Edited by sexbelowsound

• 2 weeks later...

How can it be so hard to judge fights. That was the clearest 48-47 (Cormier1,4,5 - Gus 2,3) you'll ever see.

Gutted, Alex really had it in the third when he sent him down with that knee and follow up punches. He just got stuck after that, credit to Cormier, and time ran out.

WORD REMOVED

Worthy of a rematch? I can't see who is next unless Jones is coming back to LHW which, if Chael Sonnen is to be believed, he isn't.

Please not Bader. That'll be the most lopsided title bout in history.

Yeah, the LHW division is very depleted. Bader will be next. Gus needs to rebuild his record. 3 losses in the last 4 now is not a good look.

Jones looks huge in the latest pics so him at HW is a real possibility, and a cool one at that

Â