World Cup : Group H (Pol, Sen, Col, Jpn)

BOF

But it's not just yellows.  It's goal difference and then goals scored and then discipline.  It's not like these teams haven't had ample chance to put some distance between themselves and others. It used to be the toss of a coin after the first 2.  At least this way you're rewarding fair play.  I think it's a valid tie-breaker.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I prefer the old MLS style of penalty shootouts:

This actually looks quite fun, and better than just a 12 yard kick. 

I definitely prefer these to penalties, they're much more entertaining.

But what I'm meaning is a situation like today, where the two teams who are essentially 'tied' are in different cities. It can't be done via any form of penalty kick with a goalkeeper, as the quality of the goalkeeper makes a huge difference and anyway they would have no incentive to try to save the kicks. The mass halfway line penalty challenge evens the odds completely, by removing goalkeepers from the equation. Plus it would be hilarious. 

Nah header was too fast to stop I think especially given how high it bounced.

He'd have probably collided with the keeper diving aswell.

I was watching it and they had a player injured. Put on Wague just before corner was taken and he only got to six yard box as the ball was in the air so in that situation you probably leave the posts unguarded and have extra in the box.

And fwiw i dont think he would have got it either, he would have pulled out rather than boot his keeper but at the same time his body language is shocking, ignoring the keeper excuse and the quality of the header he isnt stopping it because he isnt in a position to do anything, it isnt good enough 

Â