World Cup : Group H (Pol, Sen, Col, Jpn)

BOF

Japan are going out

2 mins later, no change in scores: Japan have a better goal difference

3 seconds later, no change in scores: Senegal have more yellows

Lawro complains that the 6th tie breaker is going to be used

My ears are bleeding

the commentary team in the other game have said yellow cards japan going through and are sticking to it, they havent said how many yellows are in it though

are poland trying to score a 2nd or sat on 1-0?

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

the commentary team in the other game have said yellow cards japan going through and are sticking to it, they havent said how many yellows are in it though

are poland trying to score a 2nd or sat on 1-0?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Japan are going out

2 mins later, no change in scores: Japan have a better goal difference

3 seconds later, no change in scores: Senegal have more yellows

Lawro complains that the 6th tie breaker is going to be used

My ears are bleeding

This is the business end, where it gets really interesting...and tactical, games can swing and change on the result of one miss, one goal, one tackle. Lives and careers are destined by the every moment in this ten minutes.  It's what everyone lives for. It's what every player plays for. All of nothing. Hero or loser. Legend or nobody.

"Yeah but it's shit innit."

Apparently the Japan game ended in farce as Japan passed the ball around the back four for ten minutes, so as not to concede or get a yellow. Maybe disciplinary record hasn't got off to a great start as a tiebreaker. 

My own idea of a tie breaker is very sophisticated. It needs to be something that can be done simultaneously in two different locations. So: all eleven players from the two tied teams line up along the halfway line. They each have a ball in front of them. The referee blows his whistle. They all smash the ball toward the goal (there's no goalkeeper). The referee counts the number of balls in the net. The team with the most balls in the net wins. 

I know; it's genius. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Apparently the Japan game ended in farce as Japan passed the ball around the back four for ten minutes, so as not to concede or get a yellow. Maybe disciplinary record hasn't got off to a great start as a tiebreaker. 

My own idea of a tie breaker is very sophisticated. It needs to be something that can be done simultaneously in two different locations. So: all eleven players from the two tied teams line up along the halfway line. They each have a ball in front of them. The referee blows his whistle. They all smash the ball toward the goal (there's no goalkeeper). The referee counts the number of balls in the net. The team with the most balls in the net wins. 

I know; it's genius. 

I prefer the old MLS style of penalty shootouts:

This actually looks quite fun, and better than just a 12 yard kick. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

not sure why japan are getting pelters for it, denmark were just as bad, there isnt a "fair" way of doing it, senegal have gone out because they were shit in the 2nd half today and couldnt beat japan, not because japan and poland took the piss for 10 minutes

Well Poland got the win I predicted, but not enough for Senegal to progress.  No matter.  I like Japan anyhoo.  Glad for them.  It'll be a fantastic experience for them and their fans.  I just hope they don't get walloped in the next round.

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Apparently the Japan game ended in farce as Japan passed the ball around the back four for ten minutes, so as not to concede or get a yellow.

I don't see how it's 'farce' really. It's no more a farce than a team winning a tie on away goals keeping the ball and trying not to concede. They know they're through as things stand, why take risks?

Â