Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

For those either seeking to minimise or outright deny the atrocities committed by Hamas when it attacked southern Israel...

I've not seen any 'those'.

The attacks were horrendous.

As are the ones going on right now.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I have.  Chindie was trying to argue that babies hadn’t been decapitated, for example. Not sure if that was before or after his “utter scum” post referring to Israelis.

Funnily enough you didn’t call that one out for extremism. 

Just now, Awol said:

Chindie was trying to argue that babies hadn’t been decapitated, for example.

Do you still believe that was true?

The crimes against infants were obscene, vile - but the beheading story was a journalistic shortcut to demonstrating that horror that doesn't have any real basis in fact.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do you still believe that was true?

The crimes against infants were obscene, vile - but the beheading story was a journalistic shortcut to demonstrating that horror that doesn't have any real basis in fact.

Have a read of the last link I posted above. The pathologists have received many bodies of decapitated infants. Awfully, they are so far unable to identify 350 sets of humans remains because they have been so horrendously mutilated then burned. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Have a read of the last link I posted above. The pathologists have received many bodies of decapitated infants. Awfully, they are so far unable to identify 350 sets of humans remains because they have been so horrendously mutilated then burned. 

1500 dead kids in Gaza - ceilings dropped on their heads - that sort of thing. Far less personal and up close, as killing kids goes, I give you that. 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

i'm going to stick with Sky news, the IDF and the White House on this one - Sky don't think it happened and have named a journalist called Nicole Zedek as the source of the untrue rumour, the IDF have completely uncharacteristically refused to confirm it and have gone as far as to say they've not seen evidence of it and the White House has rolled back on President Biden's claim of having seen evidence saying that instead he'd actually just gone off reports he'd seen elsewhere in the media.

It's absolutely beyond doubt that Hamas committed some incredibly awful crimes on October the 7th and that they've murdered men, women and children in horrific ways - it might be the case that there are mutilated bodies of many types, but the big claim of beheaded babies that emerged in the immediate aftermath simply wasn't true - it was a journalistic shortcut in order to convey a feeling of horror.

I don't think that's in any way trying to minimise or outright deny what was done by Hamas on that day.

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So read about it. You must understand that this is the whole issue when people keep asking if you condemn hamas every time. And when people are very skeptical when someone just shit on israel 24/7 with 0 rationality.

Because after and even during the terrorist attack there were people on the internet and even in real life who said and i quote: Free Palestine or We support free Palestine or Palestine has the right to defend itself.

I think everyone with 2 braincells understand that in that time saying that the meaning drastically changes.

Its like if some homophobic guy in US kills 50 gay people and during that terrorist attack on the internet and some students in real life makes statements we are for traditional family!  or something.

Edited by Tumblerseven

3 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

So read about it. You must understand that this is the whole issue when people keep asking if you condemn hamas every time. And when people are very skeptical when someone just shit on israel 24/7 with 0 rationality.

Because after and even during the terrorist attack there were people on the internet and even in real life who said and i quote: Free Palestine or We support free Palestine.

I think everyone with 2 braincells understand that in that time saying that the meaning drastically changes.

Its like if some homophobic guy in US kills 50 gay people and during that terrorist attack on the internet and some students in real life makes statements we are for traditional family!  or something.

Or like when a region of more than two million people stands on the verge of a humanitarian catastrophe in which tens of thousands of human beings are going to die, someone says "YES! YES! water and power are such a mythical things you cant store them somehow"? That type of thing?

I condemn the Hamas attacks on civilians on October the 7th.

I support the idea of a free Palestine.

I condemn the Israeli attacks on civilians since October the 7th.

The fact is that the attacks on innocent people on October the 7th are in the past, they can't be prevented - we have to work to prevent them happening again in future - but right now, there are attacks happening in Gaza on innocent people and those attacks are escalating, I think that's where attentions should be focused.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Or like when a region of more than two million people stands on the verge of a humanitarian catastrophe in which tens of thousands of human beings are going to die, someone says "YES! YES! water and power are such a mythical things you cant store them somehow"? That type of thing?

I condemn the Hamas attacks on civilians on October the 7th.

I support the idea of a free Palestine.

I condemn the Israeli attacks on civilians since October the 7th.

The fact is that the attacks on innocent people on October the 7th are in the past, they can't be prevented - we have to work to prevent them happening again in future - but right now, there are attacks happening in Gaza on innocent people and those attacks are escalating, I think that's where attentions should be focused.

So with that line "YES! YES! water and power are such a mythical things you cant store them somehow"   i made fun of people on this forum who actually shut their brains off and just blame everything on israel with 0 thinking and 0 rationality. Maybe apply some good faith and  think but i know its hard when you think im extremist because i disagreed with you. Dont know why you deleted that comment you clearly believe it.

As much as some people want to brush those comments and those messages during the attack under the rug. Sorry not happening.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

but right now, there are attacks happening in Gaza on innocent people and those attacks are escalating, I think that's where attentions should be focused.

The Israelis are not attacking innocent people, they are trying to attack Hamas. Being charitable, it’s a sleight of hand to suggest innocent people are the target. 

3 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

So with that line "YES! YES! water and power are such a mythical things you cant store them somehow"   i made fun of people on this forum who actually shut their brains off and just blame everything on israel with 0 thinking and 0 rationality. Maybe apply some good faith and  think but i know its hard when you think im extremist because i disagreed with you. Dont know why you deleted that comment you clearly believe it.

As much as some people want to brush those comments and those messages during the attack under the rug. Sorry not happening.

Sometimes you come across as a little bit one sided.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Sometimes you come across as a little bit one sided.

says you? omegalol 

look at past 2 3  pages people  non stop going after israel just blaming everything on greens earth on them.what i need to do that to i cant push back? 

Edited by Tumblerseven

Just now, Awol said:

The Israelis are not attacking innocent people, they are trying to attack Hamas. Being charitable, it’s a sleight of hand to suggest innocent people are the target. 

When you're dropping 2,000lb bombs on residential apartment blocks, it's a hell of a sleight of hand to claim that you're not targeting innocent people i think.

I don't think that saying "there's a person over there that's bad" and then killing any other human being within a hundred meters of him can really be justified as simply targeting military targets.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

says you? omegalol 

look at past 2 3  pages people  non stop going after israel just blaming everything on greens earth on them.what i need to do that to i cant push back? 

I think you’re understandably very emotional and perhaps not reading everything fully, or not getting the full context? I dunno, I’m trying not to make presumptions but I’m seeing people being very careful and qualified and quite clearly calling out both Hamas and the Israeli state as mass murderers. 

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2023/oct/20/antisemitic-hate-crimes-in-london-rise-1350-since-israel-hamas-war-met-says

There has been a 1,350% increase in hate crimes against Jewish people as the Middle East crisis erupted, the Metropolitan police have said, with no arrests so far in nine out of 10 alleged offences.

Figures from the Met covering London show that 218 antisemitic offences were recorded from 1 October to 18 October this year, compared with 15 in the same period last year.

Hamas attacked Israel on 7 October, and Israel attacked Gaza shortly after.

Im just saying chill with the rhetoric and demonization of israel.Nothing good is coming from that.

And guess what if Jewish people have responsibilities and some blame to carry how their Israel government acts. Then Palestinians have those same responsibilities and blame to carry for their government.

You cant just act like they have 0 responsibilities  thats exactly what is happening on this forum.

I think this whole thread is a mess tbh. So much circular arguing over stuff that is currently unproveable one way or another, so much debate over who is just and who isn't.

The bottom line is the whole situation is another f****** catastrophe whereby the innocent die because of those wielding power.... on both sides.  

• Like 2

Â