Now it's nearly over, what next?

Jareth

8 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

For me? This season. I think its been great. I am genuinely enjoying it.

Agreed. If you don’t enjoy chasing promotion (and still being in with a shout) and putting four or five goals past a number of teams, it may be time to find a new high... I don’t think Aston Villa will do it for you any more!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Everyone talks about the ridiculous appointments of RDM and Bruce by Xia, but we now have fans calling for John Terry to be made manager. A bloke who has never managed a football team in his life.

Absolutely crazy.

No-one had ever managed a team before their first time!

How is Mellberg getting on in management now out of interest? That’d get you the fans on board for a couple of months at least...! (I sometimes wonder how much club boards are having conversations like that...)

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Agreed. If you don’t enjoy chasing promotion (and still being in with a shout) and putting four or five goals past a number of teams, it may be time to find a new high... I don’t think Aston Villa will do it for you any more!

Totally agree. Don't think we've finished above 10th since about 2010 so to be sat 4th place at this stage of the season is not something I will complain about especially with the potential of another trip to Wembley. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eastie said:

I posted his comments following the supporters trust agm on the wyness and Bruce threads a couple of weeks back - on the lines of not saying at the moment if Bruce will be in or out regardless of if we get promotion or not - hardly a vote of confidence for his future .

Had he said Bruce would be here if we got promotion It wouldn’t have been so damning but to refuse to commit to him even if we got promoted suggests it’s looking bleak for Bruce .

Added to that Bruce says nobody has even spoken to him regarding next season and his comment Friday that if he gets promotion he maybe will have more chance of staying here it doesn’t look very good for him .

This ties in with the 3 team strategy Wyness was talking about in his q&a session on Radio WM.

He talked about bulding a team to go up, a team to stay up then a team to push on. Didnt realise at the time he might have been talking about different managers to put these teams together, but thinking about it now it seems logical.

• Like 1

Â