Now it's nearly over, what next?

Jareth

Just now, Eastie said:

Hopefully wyness has little say on the matter as he’s hardly a footballing guru - let the football people make the decision .

Round worries me a tad as he is an unknown to some degree. To date he has relied upon appointing old mates and to be fair to him it is too early to tell if he is having a positive effect or not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

If we go you Dyche would be perfect, not sure he’d leave Burnley though.

I think he was interested  in Everton , would depend what sort of cash xia has to spend I guess .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Dr Tony follows Patrick Viera on twitter. Could be someone to build something?

He follows me too, wonder if I’m in with a shot? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Absolutely no way, either in the prem or where we are now, should bruce be here next season. 

Id like to know what “the villa way” is that round and wyness have banded about. That to me is way more important than the next manager. This club needs a blueprint from top to bottom. So I’d like to know exactly what it is. 

• Like 2

Regardless of what happens over the next month, it is going to be a very very different Aston Villa next year.

Championship; less money, less coverage (old news now) and loads of loan players and expensive contracts to be replaced. Of our starting XI it's fair to expect at LEAST five won't be here next year - possibly more, could even be 9 or 10.

Premier League; loadsa money again, less coverage (small fish) and loads of currently permanent players to be replaced due to lack of quality. Add to that all the loanees that we either won't or can't convert in to permanent signings. Again, I'd expect at LEAST five new first team players coming in.

Either division; new pitch, new shirt and probably new manager.

It's going to be interesting but the pessimist in me can't help but think that it won't be a good time to be a Villa fan yet again. If I was going to call it I'd suggest we'll still be in this division, with someone like Rowett in charge, spending very limited amounts on replacing Johnson, Terry, Snodgrass, Hutton, Grealish, Grabban, Samba and Gabby (!) and probably one or two others whilst Wyness tell's us it's a year of transition as we play in some poorly made 'innovative' shirt from China as Dr Xia speaks to us in emoticons telling us to keep the faith as we end the season in 12th.

When was being a Villa fan last fun and not depressing?!

Make Terry the gaffer and he plays when we need him, and bring in a more experienced assistant who can help with the running of things. 

He clearly has a football brain.

It won't happen I know.

If it did I wouldn't be upset. I'd actually be pretty happy about it.

12 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Regardless of what happens over the next month, it is going to be a very very different Aston Villa next year.

Championship; less money, less coverage (old news now) and loads of loan players and expensive contracts to be replaced. Of our starting XI it's fair to expect at LEAST five won't be here next year - possibly more, could even be 9 or 10.

Premier League; loadsa money again, less coverage (small fish) and loads of currently permanent players to be replaced due to lack of quality. Add to that all the loanees that we either won't or can't convert in to permanent signings. Again, I'd expect at LEAST five new first team players coming in.

Either division; new pitch, new shirt and probably new manager.

It's going to be interesting but the pessimist in me can't help but think that it won't be a good time to be a Villa fan yet again. If I was going to call it I'd suggest we'll still be in this division, with someone like Rowett in charge, spending very limited amounts on replacing Johnson, Terry, Snodgrass, Hutton, Grealish, Grabban, Samba and Gabby (!) and probably one or two others whilst Wyness tell's us it's a year of transition as we play in some poorly made 'innovative' shirt from China as Dr Xia speaks to us in emoticons telling us to keep the faith as we end the season in 12th.

When was being a Villa fan last fun and not depressing?!

At a guess sometime in 2009. Apart from the cup run which led to an embarrassing final, which in turn scarred my brain from having that memory. So yeah sometime in 2009

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

For me? This season. I think its been great. I am genuinely enjoying it.

It's a weird feeling. If we don't go up it'll be a failure based on our outlay and some people's expectations, but we've also enjoyed the most victories in the league by a Villa side since 1992/93.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

For me? This season. I think its been great. I am genuinely enjoying it.

Yep. Enjoyed this season more than any other since MON. 

We have won lots, scored lots and absolutely smashed our two rivals at home. 

• Like 1

Everyone talks about the ridiculous appointments of RDM and Bruce by Xia, but we now have fans calling for John Terry to be made manager. A bloke who has never managed a football team in his life.

Absolutely crazy.

• Like 3

What would happen if we went into next season buying whoever we liked, splashing cash like Wolves have done and gambling our entire future on promotion?

Would we go up if we finished top and just have a large fine to pay in 2019/20? If so would this be worth it rather than years in this league?

Sack the manager, clear out half the squad, start again should be the plan. Problem is I don't think they'll sack the manager, we won't be able to get rid of a lot of players we want to due to the high wages and we'll lose Grealish and possibly Chester to premier league teams.  

As we all agree that the squad should we stay down will lose Hutton, Terry, Gabby, Johnstone, Tuanzebe, Onomah, Snodgrass, Grabban, Samba, Bunn and could see Chester and Grealish tapped up for premier league moves.................. not great, but will give us some flexibility regarding FFP

I'm not sure how many would think of this, but if it is the championship next season under another management team then to save transfer fee's we have a ruck of loanees with a season left on their contracts we could maybe reintegrate Gollini, De Laet, Elphick, Gil, Tshibola and McCormack as well as using a fit Andre Green and more games for the likes of OHare, Davis and RHM

If that was the case then maybe we could get away with just spending on a couple of centre halves, a left back  as we could have:

GK:  Gollini, Steer

RB: RDL, Bree, Elmo

LB: Taylor

Def:  Elphick

Mid: Jedi, Whelan, Lansbury, Hourihane, Tshibola, O'Hare, BB

Wide: Adomah, Green, Gil

Str: Kodjia, Davis, RHM, McCormack, Davis, RHM

Â