Now it's nearly over, what next?

Jareth

9 minutes ago, eholm said:

What were Wyness’ comments re Bruce future, Eastie?

I posted his comments following the supporters trust agm on the wyness and Bruce threads a couple of weeks back - on the lines of not saying at the moment if Bruce will be in or out regardless of if we get promotion or not - hardly a vote of confidence for his future .

Had he said Bruce would be here if we got promotion It wouldn’t have been so damning but to refuse to commit to him even if we got promoted suggests it’s looking bleak for Bruce .

Added to that Bruce says nobody has even spoken to him regarding next season and his comment Friday that if he gets promotion he maybe will have more chance of staying here it doesn’t look very good for him .

Edited by Eastie
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I've accepted that no promotion is looking quite likely. 

So we need to start again. New manager who needs to be given time to build something with a large use of academy player suplemented by shrew signings until we can balance the books are able to spend. Loan signings will also be important. 

I'm still looking at Dean Smith. What he achieved at Walsal and then Brentford with limited funds and a style of football that involves keeping the ball is something I'd love to see at Villa. 

Im happy for our fate to involve remaining in this league for several more years if it means changing the whole culture of the club to become one that likes to play in the game in a certain way. 

I think as fans we really need to change our mindset to this if we fail this season. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I've accepted that no promotion is looking quite likely. 

So we need to start again. New manager who needs to be given time to build something with a large use of academy player suplemented by shrew signings until we can balance the books are able to spend. Loan signings will also be important. 

I'm still looking at Dean Smith. What he achieved at Walsal and then Brentford with limited funds and a style of football that involves keeping the ball is something I'd love to see at Villa. 

Im happy for our fate to involve remaining in this league for several more years if it means changing the whole culture of the club to become one that likes to play in the game in a certain way. 

Now now you old rascal , don’t give up yet - we can still do it this season - hang on in there ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I posted his comments following the supporters trust agm on the wyness and Bruce threads a couple of weeks back - on the lines of not saying at the moment if Bruce will be in or out regardless of if we get promotion or not - hardly a vote of confidence for his future .

Had he said Bruce would be here if we got promotion It wouldn’t have been so damning but to refuse to commit to him even if we got promoted suggests it’s looking bleak for Bruce .

Added to that Bruce says nobody has even spoken to him regarding next season and his comment Friday that if he gets promotion he maybe will have more chance of staying here it doesn’t look very good for him .

No wonder we've been shit for a month if there's uncertainty hanging over the futures of the manager, coaches and as many as 12 of the playing squad irrespective of success.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

No wonder we've been shit for a month if there's uncertainty hanging over the futures of the manager, coaches and as many as 12 of the playing squad irrespective of success.

Bruce was asked on Friday if he will be here next season and says he’s no idea - , he did say he hopes he has more chance of being here if promoted , although I guess a lot of things are up in the air until the season ends especially players contracts .

I think he was brought in to get us up , not necessarily to keep us up once there .

Edited by Eastie

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think as fans we really need to change our mindset to this if we fail this season. 

It's where the long term success starts from IMO too, we've tried just throwing cash at it a coupel of times in recent history and reached the giddy heights of nearly being in the running for the champions league, completely over cooked it, over reacted in the austerity, **** it royally, gone down, got bought by someone with some cash again who has spent way over what top teams spend in this league and now FFP has bitten us on the arse, we still have some wasters getting huge wages that give us nothing in return. It's been a shitty state of affairs for ages. 

Promotion this year would give su a way out, in that it would mean we could spend again, but I'm not sure Bruce is the man for the long term rebuild. If we don't go up the shit will really hit the fan and we'll have to be promoting some of our u23s and see what experienced quality we can keep/get cheap in key areas. The job will be huge though and surely a player turnover of the magnitude that is going to happen this summer will need time to grow into a team. So yes, I say if we son't go up the first appointment needs to be a smart, very well connected director of football who is given the remit of employing coaching staff to fit his vision at all levels (including first team coach/manager). These coaches in consultation with the DOF then get to get the players in they need to pay the right way. We play the same way from the top down so being promoted through the ranks means you know your job already etc. Serious surgery at all levels. Would need to mean that Xia has the balls and staying power and vision to do it and see it through.

There has been something rotten in the state of Villa Park for almost as long as I can remember, even when we were winning the league cups etc and playing decent there was never the necessary step up to cement our place, get the necessary depth, allow a push on to compete every year at the top. Then after Deadly's mismanagement we all know the recent history. Turning that around is huge, and requires some serious work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think the comments cam before reading though IIRC, after we'd lost 2 on the bounce.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

It's where the long term success starts from IMO too, we've tried just throwing cash at it a coupel of times in recent history and reached the giddy heights of nearly being in the running for the champions league, completely over cooked it, over reacted in the austerity, **** it royally, gone down, got bought by someone with some cash again who has spent way over what top teams spend in this league and now FFP has bitten us on the arse, we still have some wasters getting huge wages that give us nothing in return. It's been a shitty state of affairs for ages. 

Promotion this year would give su a way out, in that it would mean we could spend again, but I'm not sure Bruce is the man for the long term rebuild. If we don't go up the shit will really hit the fan and we'll have to be promoting some of our u23s and see what experienced quality we can keep/get cheap in key areas. The job will be huge though and surely a player turnover of the magnitude that is going to happen this summer will need time to grow into a team. So yes, I say if we son't go up the first appointment needs to be a smart, very well connected director of football who is given the remit of employing coaching staff to fit his vision at all levels (including first team coach/manager). These coaches in consultation with the DOF then get to get the players in they need to pay the right way. We play the same way from the top down so being promoted through the ranks means you know your job already etc. Serious surgery at all levels. Would need to mean that Xia has the balls and staying power and vision to do it and see it through.

There has been something rotten in the state of Villa Park for almost as long as I can remember, even when we were winning the league cups etc and playing decent there was never the necessary step up to cement our place, get the necessary depth, allow a push on to compete every year at the top. Then after Deadly's mismanagement we all know the recent history. Turning that around is huge, and requires some serious work.

The question is whether xia is prepared to stick around if we need a long term rebuild to get out of this division - he came in with talk of being a big force in the premier league within 5 years -could still even  be in the championship after 5 years . 

13 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Bruce was asked on Friday if he will be here next season and says he’s no idea - , he did say he hopes he has more chance of being here if promoted , although I guess a lot of things are up in the air until the season ends especially players contracts .

I think he was brought in to get us up , not necessarily to keep us up once there .

I think if we go up and have real ambition. We should be doing whatever it takes to get Rafa in and backing him to the hilt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think if we go up and have real ambition. We should be doing whatever it takes to get Rafa in and backing him to the hilt. 

Got to be Rafa, just waiting for someone to come buy him out.

Wagner could be available depending on their fate. Marco Silva might still be available by then.... Oscar Garcia just became available. Another name which stood out to me was Peter Bosz. One can but dream of Marcelo Bisela.

We will see how truly ambitious Xia is when it comes the appointment & actions not just grandiose Twitter proclamations. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I hope wyness &  Round do not put the shackles on the search criteria by insisting they should have league experience ( whichever one that may be )

Hopefully wyness has little say on the matter as he’s hardly a footballing guru - let the football people make the decision .

Â