2018-19 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

59 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

based on the saints SB kick off i would guess no, colts didnt have a clue, the difference now is they dont have the running start so im not sure if it can throw them in the same way

2pt conversion not a clue

Saw one the other week where the kicker basically drilled it low and hard as he could at an opposing player ( who evaded it ) and wondered if that was the key to fake punt success , sort hope you catch someone unaware and pickup the rebound off his face :) 

I think we talked about it on here! There was a commentator talking about them being scrapped because the success percentage is so low it's becoming pointless

I'm not 100% sure on what the rule is, certain distance and then the opposition has to touch it first muffing it? They should introduce a rugby style up and under but I would guess the injury risk would put a big no no on that

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think we talked about it on here! There was a commentator talking about them being scrapped because the success percentage is so low it's becoming pointless

They need to have some sort of "getting the ball back at all cost" play. Othewise many games will be over around 2 minutes if it is a 2-score game. It used to hover at around 15% success-rate which seams reasonable. The prohibited method of overloading a side and no run-up killed it.

Maybe a kicker skillshot or something. Kick it through the uprights from 60 yards. Or the punter putting it inside the 10 or5 including bounces?

On 21/01/2019 at 23:22, tonyh29 said:

One I’ve often wondered

do you have to tell opposition teams you are going to attempt an onside kick ? Ditto a 2pt conversion .. can you fake kick and go for 2 ?

Yes you can fake it. But now the PAT has been moved back, there's no point.

When it was at the one yard line, you saw people fake it fairly often (comparatively to now)

• Like 1

On 21/01/2019 at 22:27, Tegis said:

I think you can. not the other way around though

I'm sure you can from a rules point of view (fake the 2 and kick it), but you won't have the right personnel on the field so you're taking a mahoosive gamble.  Basically it would never work, but that's not the same as not being allowed to try.  You can fake anything and you never have to tell the opposition.  That's the whole point.  But some things lend themselves to fakery and some do not.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm sure you can from a rules point of view (fake the 2 and kick it),

I was thinking along the line of where the ball is placed in regards to a kick and a 2-pointer. 15 yards out vs 2 yards. Maybe a dropkick?

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

I was thinking along the line of where the ball is placed in regards to a kick and a 2-pointer. 15 yards out vs 2 yards. Maybe a dropkick?

True actually. We need more (or any) drop kicks but they're another to file under 'you would have to be mad'.

end of season celebration with an element of fun and community added to it, from the stuff I've seen the weeks build up with all the events and competitions is better than the actual game

all star games are a big thing in the states though so i don't see it going anywhere anytime soon, crowd last night was awful and it was pretty much just messing about, players seem to love it

On 27/01/2019 at 20:17, tonyh29 said:

So having watched it for the first time

Seeing as  it’s pretty much a walking  pace non contact game , what is the point of the pro bowl ? 

It used to be better than it is now.  It's just a jolly for the players. 

Champ Bailey and Pat Bowlen made it to the HOF. 👍👍👍

Champs ability to shut down half the field for a decade was amazing. His 2006 season was other worldly. He only got tested 35 times and only four passes were completed over him, none for touchdowns. Nobody has surpassed that. Apart from Elway, my favourite Bronco ever.

• Like 2

Â