• Adomah
    • Kodjia
    • Jedinak (Snodgrass 60)
    • Davis (Hourihane 74)
    • Hogan (Kodjia 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/17 at 19:45

6 hours ago, Upper north stander said:

I really don’t think he will..... we will lose.

depressing today! Derby or not if we have promotion ambitions you simply have to go to places like today and win. He is not making the right decisions in terms or personnel or formations for individual games..... so I don’t trust him to change for Wednesdays game.

Cardiff, Bristol city and Sheff weds all been beaten at the sty this season. 

Take the point and move on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peterms said:

Indeed.  And since the league is decided over quite a few games, in order to achieve that, you have to win many many games over a long period of time.

You have to achieve, and maintain, a win rate a little better than we are currently managing, even after September's run of easy fixtures and welcome wins.

Indeed.

Not a regular poster on this but lifelong fan. It was a shit game but to think that they were in any way better is ridiculous. I agree that Hourihane should have stayed on but I always thought a point was  a good result. Don’t forget our away form is still to take shape. Steve Bruce has got us in the top 6 but still hated by many on here; even when we win. Maybe I just don’t get it. My bad.

Edited by Slanes73
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Still in the mix... but we need to up our away performances. Solid at home need the same away. Not a disastrous point but hoped for a big 3 today.  I think he should have started Davis today but hey ho.  1 defeat in the last 11 I would say things are more positive than negative. This time last year the season was almost a write off already.  Bring on Wednesday. Next saturday. Er just realised we have got PNE on Tuesday, duh.

We clearly have issues with the quality of our play....but we are robust and resillient despite the spectacle which is hard on the eyes.

our work is very untidy at best.

However, we are hanging in there.....just hoping further work at BMH or the market in Jan will bring the improvement.

The manager will not be replaced whilst we are going on runs of not being beaten, so we must look at other areas to improve.

Jed will help with our aerial work, which in the middle is generally poor.....jack will help with the guile.

We do need to be more convincing.

38 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Can anyone that went confirm if our fans were as quiet as they sounded on TV?

It's weird how the fans haven't seemed to be up for this fixture the last 2 seasons.

I was there, I think there were periods when we were quiet but thought especially when Jedinak and Davis came on we really got behind them, that saying with a limited allocation about 700/800 fans down on a normal scum allocation guess it will always be tough for it to come across on the tv 

That saying I thought they were rather quiet but just my opinion 

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Can anyone that went confirm if our fans were as quiet as they sounded on TV?

It's weird how the fans haven't seemed to be up for this fixture the last 2 seasons.

Yeah it wasn't great. The performance didnt help but whenever a few of us tried to start songs we were basically stood there on our own so gave up. 

In other news, keeping us in for 2 hours to allow the Zulus to regroup in town and launch attacks on Villa fans from the opposite direction, was an absolute disgrace and caused people to get hurt. The policing was absolutely horrendous and made things worse than they already were. 

I despise these ***** more than ever after today and I wouldn't step foot in that hell hole ever agiain if you gave me a million quid. 

Anyway, on to Preston.....

Edited by One For The Road

9 hours ago, TRO said:

Jota should have scored.

Davis,Kodia & Terry could have scored.

I would say we had the better chances.

Seriously? Gallagher missed from like 6 yards? Jota’s chance for me was the easiest of the game, Davis hit that shot well from the angle and was unlucky but be honest we should of been 2-0 down by then. We played garbage, which Bruce serves up 80% of the time... even when we sneak a flukey backs to the wall win with our far superior squad to our opponents. 

Edited by fifamad

4 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Seriously? Gallagher missed from like 6 yards? Jota’s chance for me was the easiest of the game, Davis hit that shot well from the angle and was unlucky but be honest we should of been 2-0 by then. We played garbage, which Bruce serves up 80% of the time... even when we sneak a flukey backs to the wall win with our far superior squad to our opponents. 

The squad are superior.......but you can only play eleven at any one time and Imo our eleven are not necessarily the best.

The squad will prove it over a season

The 11 will prove it in a game.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

The squad are superior.......but you can only play eleven at any one time and Imo our eleven are not necessarily the best.

Our starting 11 is stronger than most other teams in the championship yet in most games it’s back to walls with 30% of the ball hoping to ‘nick’ a 1-0 it’s woeful.

14 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Our starting 11 is stronger than most other teams in the championship yet in most games it’s back to walls with 30% of the ball hoping to ‘nick’ a 1-0 it’s woeful.

but the offensive players do not give the impression you allude to....."stronger than most other teams"

despite our defensive tendencies.....The offensive players do not show the guile necessary to undo teams .....only in cameo moments......so where this "we are one of the best "comes from I'm not sure.

on many occasions there is insuffient ball control to retain it, or poor decision making on and off the ball.....its just low grade.

just to add

A player last week Josh Anomah was revered after his display with Fulham....and we was laughed at with our claims to try and sign him permanently......Today his form was all at sea and he looked like anything but the player of last week.

No manager can legislate for players losing form so quickly other than replacing them.....unfortunately young players do have a tendency to be inconsistent.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

but the offensive players do not give the impression you allude to....."stronger than most other teams"

despite our defensive tendencies.....The offensive players do not show the guile necessary to undo teams .....only in cameo moments......so where this we are one of the best comes from I'm not sure.

on many occasions there is insuffient ball control to retain it, or poor decision making on and off the ball.....its just low grade.

just to add

A player last week Josh Anomah was revered after his display with Fulham....and we was laughed at with our claims to try and sign him permanently......Today his form was all at sea and he looked like anything but the player of last week.

No manager can legislate for players losing form so quickly other than replacing them.....unfortunately young players do have a tendency to be inconsistent.

I do see a lot of your points but IMO these offensive players we have are top championship quality and us struggling to have possession/open teams up/play with tempo/dominate weaker teams all points to SB and he’s limited ability as a manager. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fifamad said:

I do see a lot of your points but IMO these offensive players we have are top championship quality and us struggling to have possession/open teams up/play with tempo/dominate weaker teams all points to SB and he’s limited ability as a manager. 

so when they lose the ball its his fault?

He may be at fault for lots of things......but some things he is not.

Just now, TRO said:

With the team we have we should not be only having 25-35% of the ball on a regular so yes I think us constantly giving the ball away is to do with bruce’s dinosaur tactics & poor coaching. 

Let’s agree to disagree.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Tro i fear you are arguing for arguments sake here.

You have said yourself in the past that SB sets the team up defensively and with a negative mindset.

Doesnt matter how good or bad a player is, if he is being told to play in a way that goes against his strengths then he is going to lose focus, make silly mistakes and look like a much lesser player.

In matches where we have played positive football, and there have only been 2 or 3 in his time here, are attacking players made far less mistakes - funny that eh?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fifamad said:

With the team we have we should not be only having 25-35% of the ball on a regular so yes I think us constantly giving the ball away is to do with bruce’s dinosaur tactics & poor coaching. 

Let’s agree to disagree.

We will have to.....His tactics are well documented, but his coaching, thats if he does any personally.....do you go to BMH to appraise it......or do you just jump on the bandwagon after a poor display.

If those 2 shots had not hit the wood work and gone in would the other stuff have come quite in to focus the same way as it has?

I thought the performance was poor by the way.....but I didn't think every mortal bit was down to him.....I thought some of the players were poor.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

We will have to.....His tactics are well documented, but his coaching, thats if he does any personally.....do you go to BMH to appraise it......or do you just jump on the bandwagon after a poor display.

If those 2 shots had not hit the wood work and gone in would the other stuff have come quite in to focus the same way as it has?

I thought the performance was poor by the way.....but I didn't think every mortal bit was down to him.....I thought some of the players were poor.

If the shot went in off the bar I’d be pleased with the win of course but I would not be convinced of the performance as I haven’t been in the majority of games under Bruce. 

We can talk about what ifs all day, what if blues took their chances and won convincingly 2-0, would you still be defending SB? I actually think you would.

anyways, let’s leave it there.

5 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Tro i fear you are arguing for arguments sake here.

You have said yourself in the past that SB sets the team up defensively and with a negative mindset.

Doesnt matter how good or bad a player is, if he is being told to play in a way that goes against his strengths then he is going to lose focus, make silly mistakes and look like a much lesser player.

In matches where we have played positive football, and there have only been 2 or 3 in his time here, are attacking players made far less mistakes - funny that eh?

Absolutely Not......I just disagree with the blanket criticism.

Yes I will grant you that he sets up to be defensive and he did today.....and I have said he is at fault for many things.....but not all of them.....The hoofball was putrid ( he has to take responsibility for that)Look when a team break ,

However,

Look when we break they have one intention and one intention only  to score ....that is nothing to do with how you are set up, when attacks break down through poor play.i.e poor decision of losing the ball cheaply through unforced error.

If we suddenly  transfered the Man city team to us and he told them the same tactics.....do you think they would be playing like we do......never in a million years.

I am not defending him Unconditionally.....but I do not think he is at fault for every ill we posess.

Â